:( handfoot and mouth

Minchin

Reaction score
just copied this thread in here as no replies on the health section where i put it this am :(

well they suspect Owen has this but it could be any old viral infection. It's so horrid and he has been poorly for over a week now. Has ulcers and sores in his mouth and it's an effort to get him to taek milk or water. luckily he managed a massive bottle this morning and was so relieved.
I hope we're just abou tthrough the worst of it...fx.

Just feeling so sorry for both of us and a bit down. and I'm not even ill!! Nights have been so unsettled ending up in us sitting up watching catroons at 1am, 3am 5am etc as he just screams and wont settle as wont take enough milk. hope tonight will be better.

So anyone have any tips? and basically I just wanted a winge!

Also feel really bad as meant to be at work today and yesterday (and tomorrow) btu obv am at home lookign after owen. OH cant mind him as v impt meetings and would heva to take time off as annual leave to have him. Then I feel guilty for feeling guilty as Owen is more impt than work. arghh. too many feelings of guilt!

And to top it off we are house bound all week as he ahs to avoid other kids so no playgroups and friends for us this week :smile:

Sorry for the long moan, in the grand scheme of things I know it's just a virus but getting me down. so horrid to see the little man so out of sorts
x

You may be best to chat to Febmum2be as I think her l/o had this hun :hug:hope owen is on the mend soon
xx

Hope owen is better soon Hun :hugs: for you both xx

Oh poor him and poor you it sounds terrible. Even worse that you can't go out. Sorry don't have any advice just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you and hope he gets better quickly.

thanks guys :)

Yeah all week we'll just have to go on some walks I think! feels a bit of a limbo feeling when am here with him and meant to be at work and can't enjoy it cos he's ill and I feel guilty!

On a good note he had quite a lot of mushy dinner and milk. Normally has another 3/4oz top up at bedtime but didn't want it and i snow fast asleep. FX for no middle of the night cartoon time!

Apparently it's fairly common.

Yes it is quite common, one of mine had this when they were little years ago, but sorry can't remember the details , been too many years now, hope he is on the mend soon for you and back to normal routene for you both!

thanks.
He was showing signs of his normal self yesterday and was pretty hungry which was good. We also had some giggles! just has a really sore throat now! you can hear him trying to swallow over the monitor :( and cos of this he had to get up at half 5 and was very miserable about it!
Think today should be back to normal
(except for the massive bump he has done done to his head by falling and banging it on coffee table, oh lordy!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back