Have you nearly accidentally let it slip?

Mama 2 Be

Reaction score
The only people who know are my parents but we went to Hubby's Mum and Dad's at the weekend and some of his brothers and their families were there.

We'd just had our scan done and Hubby walked past me and rubbed my tummy. :doh:

We got a few looks so tried to style it by saying I was stuffed from all the food I'd eaten :oops: - I don't think they bought it though as the knowing looks some were throwing us was a bit of a give away. Especially as sister-in-law said: 'Oh! still not drinking and smoking then?!?!?'

Still didn't confess and I know when we tell everyone they will go 'I KNEW IT!' :lol:

How hilarious - :lol:
You should just be the driver like i am - although this is what i had to do on halloween night - i like red wkd you see so i had to fill an empty wkd bottle up wit raspberry juice to pretend i was drinking - :lol: worked a treat and i sipped over that all nite, convinced everyone ! ! !

The bad thing was that I WAS the designated driver which is strange in itself as Hubby usually drives :lol: . Said SIL is my drinking partner so she's guessed hands down!

That's a fab idea. She did say I could have one (to test the water I think!) so I done the usual 'Well I would but I had a large one at lunch so I shouldn't really' :? Don't think she feel for it! :lol:

i've told people i'm going to have to as in my job (nurse) i need to be a bit careful what i get involved in, and if i was anything like my last PG i'll be feeling faint and lightheaded all over the place :wall: i just feel if people know they can help me to avoid situations where i have to be standing up too long etc.

also a lot of people knew we were ttc. i also feel that if anything does go wrong :pray: it doesn't people will find out anyway!! my personal view.

We have told both our families and some friends because we were just too happy and excited not to lol, i know we probably shouldn;t have but they would have found out soon enough anyway and also i spend a lot of time at my sisters so had to explain why i took my own decaf coffee around to drink!

I made a comment about me and my mum both falling pregnant on the same pill to someone else so now everybody knows, except my family...disappointed in myself :lol:

I remember when I just found out I was pregnant and I was about 6 weeks one when we had a family party for my nan's & grandads 60th wedding anniversary. Only my mum, stepdad, sis and Oh's parents knew...

anyway everyone was going on about how I'd never have kids cos I hadn't got a "maternal bone" in my body.... I had never talked about wanting children so everyone just presumed I was too selfish and didn't want any.

So I sat there getting more and more p*ssed off by all this and just blurted it out to shut them all up. It worked...there was a stunned silence before everyone started going on about how great a mum I'd make... it was like the no maternal bone conversation had never exisited :roll: :roll: :roll:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I didnt, but my husband went out and got drunk and told everybody who would listen that I was pregnant. It was laughable because it was his idea to keep very quiet! The fact that he had forgotten that he had told anyone but the next day we recieved lots of congrads txts, tells you how drunk he got! No wonder he isnt allowed out that often! Bloody men! :doh:

I have told most people and only found out tonight. Terrible I know, but couldn't help it :oops:

pilkers said:
So I sat there getting more and more p*ssed off by all this and just blurted it out to shut them all up. It worked...there was a stunned silence before everyone started going on about how great a mum I'd make... it was like the no maternal bone conversation had never exisited :roll: :roll: :roll:
quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl: That's hillarious!

We planned to tell the immediate family before 12 weeks 'just in case' but after thinking about it NO ONE on his side can keep a secret and they would offer 'helpful advice' from day one. My sister has had 2MC and I don't want her to say something doom and gloomy like 'Well don't count your chickens until they've hatched!' So the only people who know are my parents who haven't told anyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back