Having a sweep before due date?

mabelina

Reaction score
A woman who works with my sister has had a great pregnancy with no complications at all. She isnt due for another 2 weeks but is having a sweep tomorrow. Why would this be do you think?

I'd not like to say. Usually they won't/can't do a sweep unless your cervix is favourable (no point trying if its not) and you are at least overdue. Doing it before your due date serves no purpose tbh.

In my area the MW won't do a sweep till you are at least 5 days to a week overdue and only if cervix is favourable.

These things vary so much nationwide its hard to tell.
I had a sweep 8 days before DD by my consultant but my cervix was 3 cm dialated and I had had the most awful crappy pregnancy and was potentially at risk going overdue.

:think: Maybe your not getting the full story

Yeah maybe she does have problems cos i dont understand why she would if not.

I had a sweep 10 days before DD and that was because my SPD had gotten really severe. I was 1cm dilated and it kicked off my labour so it worked for me! :cheer:

My consultant attempted a sweep at 39 weeks because I was aiming for a vbac and they didn't really want me going overdue but cervix wasn't favourable so they didn't do it until I was overdue in the end. The chances are her cervix being favourable aren't high and if she's had no complications I can't see why they would even try it?

I Had a Sweep at 38weeks, i asked for one as my granddad was terminally ill and i was desperate for LO to meet his G-Granddad (who was given a week to live)
likeliness is that i will not work. i found it very very uncomfortable :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back