HCG Hormones....or am I pregnant?????

Rachel Ann

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone please help me out???
I had an eptopic 4 weeks ago, was bang on 6 weeks, had an op an left tube was removed. Started a bleed (which classes as my period, i think) 15th Oct which means period due 11/11/09. Have had signs of pregnancy so have done a test and there is a line there, not very strong but clear enough to see it there. Was wondering whether there is still hcg in my body from eptopic or is this a pregnancy????

Sorry for you loss :hug: and welcome to pregnancyforum.co.uk :)

The only sure way to know is to get your Dr to check your HCG levels and then repeat again to see if they are rising or falling. I do know someone who very recently had a MC and fell pregnant the very next month. She was wondering the same thing. The two sets of bloods confirmed she was pg.

Good luck and let us know the out come. :)

:wave: Welcome to Pregnancy forum :D

I got pregnant just over 3 weeks after a miscarriage, I only knew it was pregnancy as I'd done a test a week after my miscarriage and it had been negative :(

I hope this is it for you, but it is entirely possible :)

i had a sudden mc last year i was about 7weeks gone.
once i stopped bleeding out of curiosity i did a test and it was positive, but later on a few days later it was neg.
either keep testing or go to your doc. either way, hope u get the result your looking for x

Thanks for your replies. I took a digital clear blue test last Friday an it was a positive result, 1-2 weeks, still unsure, taken another today an still a positive result 1-2 weeks so looks like I am pregnant, will take one more in 1 week an if it changes to 2-3 then I will know 100% :)

did you get a negative after the ectopic? If you did then I'd say it looks like it might be good news. Got everything crossed for you. Just bear in mind the conception indicators sometimes dont quite go up when you'd expect and it must be FMU that you use.

Good luck x

No I didnt get a neg, did test day after period was due. A friend who works on gyne ward says it take 72 hours for HCG to leave you body, not sure though, an coz i did clear blue last fri, an it was FMU an today I am thinkin its all good, otherwise i would of lost more HCG ??

I think it can take longer and obviously of you'd have a neg between you could pretty much say it's a :bfp:

Oh I do hope it is. Fingers crossed for a 2-3 or 3+ on that next test! :D

thanks ladies....roll on next wed and I will know for sure although I do feel pregnant and really good for it where as last time with the eptopic, I was not feeling the pregnancy at all....so heres hoping :) :) :)

i really do hope this is it for you!

i had to get weekly blood tests after mu m/c last year, the blood test was up in the 30's meaning my body still thought i was pregnant (i knew i wasnt as i hadnt had sex after the m/c) and every week it dropped a couple but the pg test still said i was pg. when the blood test got to around 11, the doc confirmed i was no longer pg and the test said the same thing.

just be carefull and if still in doubt please go to the doctors x

Good lcuka nd I know how you feel. I am alwasy panicing about bleeding dueing the first trimester and this time around I am already panicing about weither or not I will delivary early again. I had identicial twin girls back in July this year who both sadly passed away with-in the first month. It sounds like you are pregnant as those clear-blue digital tests are amazing. It was one of those yesterday that conformed by pregnancy after having done a very a test at a family planning clinic yesterday morning and only getting a faint line but a line is a line. Your HGC levels shoudl of been gone with-in 3-10 days of the ectopic pregnancy ending. Or at least these are time lines I have always been given and after the 10 day mark pregnancy tests have always been negative. Fingers crossed verythign goes to plan and you have a lovely healthy baby in July next year. We will be due days apart of each other.

Ooohhhh how exciting i really hope its a BFP for you.

Sorry about your loss tho hun xx

Well looks I am Pregnant...could not wait till next wed to do the test so did it today with FMU an clear blue dig said 2-3 weeks!!!! My HCG is rising not falling so like I said looks like I am pregnant but I will not get too excited yet. Last time i found out I was pregnant, I was 5 weeks, which is what I am now, then 2 days later the spottin an pains came so until I am gone 8 weeks then I will be a bit happier, I have an app with doc for fri, an hopefully he will put me in for an early scan due to previous ectopic!

congrats hun I think you should make a proper announcement in the BFP board ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back