HCG LEVELS????? help

emmawelsh

Reaction score
Hi
I'm 39 and after 15 years of IVF on and off, I managed to get pregnant with no help at all, apart from the obvious way.:oooo:
I went to the doctors because I had not had a period in 78 days....... blood tests were taken 2nd August as they thought I might be menopausal which was rather upsetting.
Results came back and they said I was not menopausal but my HCG level had risen.... to 56 HCG which meant early pregnancy............ I replied this would be impossible
a) I had done the odd test along the way and all were negative
b) my fertility consultant told me it would be very unlikely I would concieve on my own as I have very low AMH... so they said they would test again. Meanwhile 3 days later I actually did my own HPT............ blow me for the first time ever in my life was a positive result staring back at me............ yes I tested again and again throughout the day all positive. I was first at the doctors Monday morning.

9th August I had my second blood test for HCG which came back at 385, they are very concerned now. as my levels should be much higher, I have a scan booked in for next Wednesday and more blood tests. They also said if I bleed to go to A&E.................. my husband is abroad working and I am on my own facing this, we just moved to a new area and I have no friends or family anywhere near. I have some odd symptoms big boobs, wee'ing an awful lot AND actually wetting my knickers, discharge, gained alot of weight which is unusual for me and I have period like pains some times lower back pains which have been on and off for 2 weeks now........... no bleeding at all.......
please someone tell me what is going on.......... I really am frightened.
I know many will not want to read and move on, which I understand, I don't need best wishes just any constructive advice I would appreicate it.

Last edited:
Hi there Hun firstly congratulations xxx I don't know much about hgc levels but I know as long as they are going up that's a good sign and all the symptoms your experiencing sound like normal pregnancy symptoms to me :) if your not bleeding and are still having these symptoms I would just say try and just relax until your scan you will most likely find that everything is perfect!! Xxx good luck to you Hun sorry I couldn't of been more help xxx

I wish you all the best for your scan tomorrow hun, Welcome to the forum :)

Hope your levels carry on rising and the best of luck to you and your husband!! Welcome to the forum x x

Hiya hun ....... just wondering how everything is going ???? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,
I went for my scan which was very frightening, it showed the lining of my womb to be good and thick as in pregnancy, my bloods came back as 2853 which is a massive rise, such a relief. They could see a little pea in side but stated it's too soon to detect a heart beat, therefore I have another scan booked in for 2 weeks time. The consultant said this is all looking very promising and to remain positive.
2 days back at home and now I am very nervous as I have a tiny brownish discarge when I wipe... is this bad news???? my goodness this is very stressful.
Many thanks for remembering me, any feed back is much appreicated.
Best wishes to you all also
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back