Heartburn - Hairy baby?

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
I've been suffering from heartburn since about week 6 and I'm now on my 3rd bottle of Gaviscon and im considering buying shares in Rennies I go through so many at work!!

Everyone keeps telling me its a sign of a hairy baby so now Im imagining giving birth to cheekaboo!! Some have even said its a sign of a girl.

user-image-1185099936.jpg

My Mum says I was a hairy baby and had it down my back!!

Anyone else able to confirm or squash this old wives tale that heartburn means a hairy baby or a girl

BTW, im not particularly bothered whether my baby has hair or not just interested in any links between heartburn & hair!!!!

ha! I suffered with heart burn especially when i lay down and terrible intergestion. My littel man was born with a head full of hair! 1 week old here! see....

[/img]

i suffered REALLY bad with heartburn, i had a lil girl she had full head of hair but wasnt loads of it, she had alot on back at the bottom though lol

This is my first so don't have a clue, but my mum didn't get anything when she had me :think: I am a girl (obviously..) and I had LOTS of hair!

I'm actualy posting because that picture made me nearly wet myself! (My bladder is a nightmare as it is...) so you can imagine how hard I was laughing!!!

xx

I had awful heartburn and my baby had a full head of hair, a hairy forehead and hairy ears 8) In fact the tops of his ears are still hairy :lol: I was kinda hoping that it was because he was a little early and that they would drop out but it hasn't happened yet :rotfl:

Oh and I had a boy - however I do think it's an old wives tale!

I had heartburn really bad last time and I had a boy - and he didn't have much hair! But then, I don't know a pregnant woman who hasn't had heartburn at some point, I just think it's one of those things - like going to the toilet every 20 minutes!! x

lisa282 said:
I had heartburn really bad last time and I had a boy - and he didn't have much hair! But then, I don't know a pregnant woman who hasn't had heartburn at some point, I just think it's one of those things - like going to the toilet every 20 minutes!! x

Hi Lisa282, did you have heartburn throughout your last pregnancy or just in the last tri?

I know its quite common and more so within the last tri but everyone who has been going on at me about hairy babies says that its a sign more often when you have it all the way through.

ive had awful heart burn with this pregnancy and last pregnancy and this was alana at birth...

baby033.jpg

really hairy at top of her arms, but it did fall off a few days later

paradysso said:
ive had awful heart burn with this pregnancy and last pregnancy and this was alana at birth...

baby033.jpg

really hairy at top of her arms, but it did fall off a few days later

What a beautiful picture :)

I had no heartburn and Charlie had a full head of hair, he didnt lose any and still has masses 16 months later

I have chronic heartburn and I suspect a hairy baby :lol: I was born with tons of hair to my shoulders! Also had hair on my back and arms and downy fluff on my cheeks. OH was the same :shock: so my Grandad thinks we'll have the first baby to be born with a beard :rotfl:

I had bad heartburn and Dylan was born with hardly any hair. I had pre-eclampsia though and when I was in hospital they said that was a symptom which I didn't know

its a myth.

I had TONES of it. ALL the time.

Hannah was completly bald! I have it again with this one... so im expecting a bald one again lol.

i had heartburn had a boy with no hair not even eyebrows so not in my case

I had heartburn with both my girls and they both came out covered in fine downey hair... head to foot

I had heartburn virtually from day 1 all the way through and C had loads f hair. It disappeared as soon as she was born and was a lovely feeling.

My Mum had hb aswell though and all hers par 1 were bald - i say that her hb wasn't as bad as mine though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back