HELP ME! I NEED A HOBBY!

shaunie_louise

Reaction score
Since I'm not in work, I get bored being stuck in the house all day! :wall:
So I really need to find something to do!

I need something thats not gonna cost me loads of money.
I can't cook or knit or anything like that!
I'd like something with an end result or something that I could do for other people (gifts etc.).

Anyone got any ideas?

xx

Cross stitch is pee-easy to learn and you could start with little cards?

Knittings not THAT hard though :wink:

what about jewellery making and then selling on ebay or even here??

I've tried this sort of thing!! LOL
I'm useless!

My nana does all that, she is an excellent knitter and gave up trying to teach me because I'm left-handed!

xx

Normally I would Just suggest get a pole, gr8 boredom reliver :lol: :lol:

hmmmm difficult one :think:

shaunie_louise said:
I've tried this sort of thing!! LOL
I'm useless!

My nana does all that, she is an excellent knitter and gave up trying to teach me because I'm left-handed!

xx

Im left handed and no one could teach me. I bought a book and say and tried and tried and eventually I got it and now I can knit not too bad. I cant remember the name of the book but if you have access to a bookshop like Borders or Waterstones then you should be able to find something.

shaunie_louise said:
I was thinking of maybe scrapbooking?

Anyone know anything about this? xx

ooo google digital/online scraping there was a sight I used but lost the link :wall: but it was really good for ideas and downloads

I love making scrap books. My OH goes mad coz theres always glitter and bits of paper on the carpet. Ive made loads from our holidays together and a lovely one for kyran. Started making one for our wedding next year now.

You can buy magazines, just look in WHSmiths they've got loads but to start out with they're a bit fiddly. Go down hobbycrafts or the range and buy some bits and bobs and have a go. Ive got a shoe box where i keep all my bits. Photos, cuttings, magazine type fonts, pressed flowers, literally anything and everything. You can also buy started kits in these places for about £15 to get you going.

When i went on holiday last i kept EVERYTHING, restaurant menus, napkins, bills! I pressed some lovely pink flowers that were growing outside our room. Makes it more interesting than photos.

To start with you could do one on a holiday or maybe even one remember all the good nights out with ya friends.

http://www.smilebox.com/scrapbooks/?par ... 3godbT5FSQ

http://scrapbooking.com/

theres loads more sites if you google it. Sorry im a bit of a scrap book freak :oops:

I cross stitch and find it really relaxing, doesn't matter if you are left handed. You can make allsorts of stuff, i just tonight finished making a coaster for someone for xmas and it cost me about £1 including the coaster. Finished it in under 2 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back