help me :( test this morning

username89

Reaction score
hi,

please help :(

basically i have very irregular periods. i have been trying for a year and half to conveice nearly 2 years. i went to docotrs and had a blood test - this came back fine. hormones all ok.

i then went for a scan to check for PCOS. which i got told i had a mild case of. she said i still ovulate because i do have periods.

althoguh i read online that even thoguh some people have periods... it doesnt mean you ovulate.

which confuses me. because its all to do with your hormones. so does this mean that i do ovulate because my blood test came back okk? or does this not matter?

why havent i conceived in all this time? :\ what can i do to increase chances.

thanks for help guys x:wall2:

Hi and welcome to PF

I am sorry you are having a rotten time!

I cannot really give any advice i just wanted to say hi and we are all with you

xx

If you have irregular periods then you have something wrong that needs to be addressed.

That said, it's irrelevant.

You have been ttc for 2.5 years so you are entitled to every test they have going and assisted fertility even if they can't find anything wrong so don't let them fob you off xx

been trying for 1.5 years, nearly two. i was a little underweight before so the doctor had told me this could be a main reason. and this for about a year of it. my bmi is now 19. so im now in the healthy weight.

but im not sure how much that effects it. i had no symptons of pcos so thats why i asked for a test because i only get periods every 5-6 weeks. but the docotr told me today that i just have lower chance... but i just dont think i ovulate?

:\

Has your doc done cd20-21 bloods?? He'll be able to check for ovulation. Might also be worth buying some opk's to use at home, help you track your ovulation and you'll have a better idea of when's best to :bd: for better chances of concieving.

I read your other thread in ttc, you said a scan showed pcos but the bloods came back fine. That can happen, my scan showed pcos but the bloods were fine. You could always ask your doc for the cd20-21 bloods, im currently waiting for them have to have them done over the next 3 months to check ovualtion over the 3 months.

As for the length of your cycle i'm fairly sure i read some where that a woman can have a longer cycle without any affect to there fertility. I could be wrong so dont take my word for it.

If your unsure of whats happening, make an appointment with your doc, and get him/her to explain everything, write down questions you want answers too so you dont forget.

When i was having my tests done after the bloods and internal scan i had an hsg scan to check my womb and tubes....maybe you could ask for this.

Best of luck too you x x x

Anything outside 21-35 days is classed as irregular I think, I wouldn't worry too much if the cycle length varies a bit from month to month ( mine can vary from 28 to 35) but if the length is drastically different might be worth going to docs.

Although as Lou said you should be getting checked anyway, my doc said 2years if no problems, but they can start full investigations sooner if you are showing signs of a problem.

Coming off birth control can affect cycle length too, but if you have been trying for a while then that shouldn't really be a factor.

Yeah I have doctors next week so I will b asking about the tests... They don't seem to want to help much as I'm only 20... But me n my boyfriend have a place n are ready for a baby. My cycles go from 27 to 53 so it's a bit difficult to pin point ovulation and I did get some ovulation tests before but I end up using so many cause my periods are so long apart I gave up . I just feel so fed up. The doctor told me not to worry. But it's a lot harder then that xx

Yeah I have doctors next week so I will b asking about the tests... They don't seem to want to help much as I'm only 20... But me n my boyfriend have a place n are ready for a baby. My cycles go from 27 to 53 so it's a bit difficult to pin point ovulation and I did get some ovulation tests before but I end up using so many cause my periods are so long apart I gave up . I just feel so fed up. The doctor told me not to worry. But it's a lot harder then that xx

Jut wanted to say hello, :wave:welcome and good luck ttc

I'm bmi 19 too, and it took me over 10 mths when I was this same weight and trying before, much, much quicker when just half a stone heavier actually, but there also could be nothing in this.

I know nothing about PCOS', but can see it would be hard with opks over such long cycles, have you tried looking for the other signs of ovulation, I find checking cervical mucous, esp Egg white cervical mucous, a really good way of narrowing it down, and then use opks?

It is so easy for people to say dont worry and sometimes really quite frustrating. I get so wound up by it all the time but actually when you sit back and think about it they are right!! Its bad enough going through it but i think if you constantly worry about it it just escalates - if that makes sense!! Take it from someone who has wound themselves up soo much and come back down to earth with a thud!!!!

I know its not easy but try to stay calm until you've been to the doctors.Just remember we are all here to support you

xxxx

Thanks for all your help :) well the doctor said before that chances of pregnancy when my bmi was below 18 are so low because your body tells its self not to get pregnant or something.. My cm changes all time lol but I looked up what I'm ment to be looking for and everywhere says different !!! Why can't this just be simple . Xx

I've heard this to that you can have periods and not be ovulating. However if your hormone tests have come back saying you're ok surely this means that your body is working as it should.

Perhaps you need to go back to your dr and explain that you're a bit confused about your test results and see if she can put your mind at rest?!

Sorry I couldn't be more help to you...
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back