help with divorce

mrs h

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me whether i can start divorce proceedings after we have been separated for only a short time. I have tried researching on net but am confused as it mentions a 2 year period for desertion but what period is adequate for unreasonable behaviour?

Can anyone tell me how much i am looking at paying for the divorce. I should get legal aid as on low income but i expect there will be some fees.
Any advice will be appreciated

I started mine two weeks after we split - but because I was the petitioner I had to pay the court costs and the d1ckhead didn't - but I got legal aid back then so only paid £500 in total for the legal fees so wasn't so bad :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

still cost me 20,000 to buy him out though :wall:

Hi do you mind me asking how long ago that was? Just wondering if fees have gone up since

Depends if you have any assets i.e. a house to sell.

If its uncontested you're looking around £500. If like mine you have to fire out letter after letter and go to court 3 times then it can be 4 grand like mine was. Each court hearing you're looking at 500 quid however as he was being a dick they put the costs on him.

To actually file for divorce and get a nisi is about £220 then with all the rubber stamping etc and your absolute its around 500 so long as he plays ball.

You can file anytime after 1 year of marriage, they may suggest mediation if you have kids/shared finances etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back