hips hurt when sleeping

serenitylove

Reaction score
ok for past week i keep waking up every hour with a pain in the hip of the side im sleeping like iv been layed on a pressure point for hours not like half hour any one else getting this proper ouchy!

This is how all my current pain problems started :( It's not nice is it? Definately try sleeping with a pillow in between your knees, you may feel a little silly but it takes the edge of my pain some times :)

xxx

This is how all my current pain problems started :( It's not nice is it? Definately try sleeping with a pillow in between your knees, you may feel a little silly but it takes the edge of my pain some times :)

xxx

i already do and a rolled up duvet to throw my legs over got midwife thisafternoon might mention to her maybe nip this in the bud befor it gets worse luckily totally fine during day

i have the same problem, its a killing pain and you have to roll over to the other side. I also find that walking hurt my hips, not as painful at night time but its a dull ache when i walk. :(

I'm the same, it's not very nice and stops you from having a good nights sleep.

saw midwife and she said spd and refered me to physio and not to walk for to long so hoping the physio will help

Yup its happening with me..walking and sleeping is giving pain in my bums..I have not used maternity body pillow yet..does it help?

I had this for the first time last night it was horrible.

On the plus side, I woke up at 3am was in pain, couldn't get comfy, couldn't get back to sleep so I did all my ironing instead!

Yeah I got this last night. Woke up and my hip was agony but completely numb at the same time.. wtf?

I get this. The pillow between the legs really helped. Also, I noticed it got worse when I was on holiday on a hard matress. When I got home it was better on our softer one. Perhaps think about putting something soft on top of your matress. A duvet or blanket, although I don't want to say that and it make your posture bad.
Anyway, just at thought.
x

Serenity - hope this eases for you - glad you are going to get some physio help, might want to cbatch up with Wolfy, as I'm sure she has this, for coping stratergies , and top tips, Hun X

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back