Hospital Bag

I got a nightie from primark for £3.50 and some lovely ballet type slippers for £2!!!!

Snap :lol: I bought mine yesterday, nice black one with a design on front to just below my knee so its perfect fopr labouring in :love:

defo going to primark to get some nighties specially at such a good price

well thats me packed my hospital bag i thought i had mostly everything in aw my god i still have loads to get like about another 20 things or so its everlasting thank god i never left my hospital bag to the last minute :roll:

I packed my bag about 4 weeks ago and went through it again today to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything - just as well I did, I'd put in a nice top for myself to wear on the way home but completely forgot to pack any bottoms lol! Think I've got everything else covered though, although was a bit surprised to find I'd packed 7 different outfits for baby lol x

hahaha it took me a while to choose baby's outfit i was wanting to take about 3 but dont have the room lol. Yeah thats the good thing about packing it earlier you can go back through it and check that you got everything xx

I got a nightie from primark for £3.50 and some lovely ballet type slippers for £2!!!!

Snap :lol: I bought mine yesterday, nice black one with a design on front to just below my knee so its perfect fopr labouring in :love:

yeah i got 2 in the end :whistle: the longer length ones (one stripey and the other plain cream (thought could use that one afterwards)) plus 3/4 length trousers and top pj set from La Senza which was reduced to £5!!!

i was considering packing what i'm going to wear home now too (a long top/ jumper with comfy stretchy leggings) or is that far to early????

I have been pre-warned to pack milk if i am not breastfeeding as they won't supply it. That really shocked me when my midwife told me! I may put a couple in just in case i can't breastfeed.

I was told quite a good way of doing my hospital bag, have a before and after labour bag. Makes sense really, have all your clean post labour stuff and babies stuff in one bag anf then whatever you need for labour in another.

^^ to be honest, they do actually have milk there they coud give you. They just tell you they dont so you pack it. If youre planning on breast feeding there really is no need. But if youre bottle feeding then best to pack everything you'll need including the milk.

There are lots of different situations where the mother cant be around to feed the baby or isnt well enough, so of course they have milk there. Also there are mothers who give birth unexpectedly and havent got a bag of ANYTHING. And they wouldnt not feed a baby. I can see their point, it must cost them a bomb if we all expected them to provide our babies milk. But Im not packing any cos I am planning on breastfeeding, so if a worst case scenario arrises, then I will expect them to be able to offer a first feed while OH gets some from tesco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back