HOW DO I WORK OUT THE DUE DATE? X

khartnett

Reaction score
Hi ya I am pregnant, have not seen a midwife or had a scan yet. How do I work out the due date?

My last period was on the 14th of March any idea how many weeks + days that makes me.

I am confused do you count from the actual day of your last period?

HELP i'm confused.com lol

cheers kasey

Hi, my last period was the 17th of March and iv had a scan which makes me 9 weeks and 4 days. things could change at your dating scan but because you last period was so close to mine i imagine it just puts you 3 days in front.
so 10 weeks today! Congratulations :dance: :dance:

if the first day of your last period was 14th March then you are 10 weeks and 4 days today - usually written as 10+4/40. You will be 11 weeks on friday.

Your EDD (expected date of delivery) is at 40weeks (40/40) so will be 19th December 2008.

This is your EDD by dates (ie according to your period) it may get shifted after your scan but they usually keep your EDD by dates unless the EDD by scan is more than a week different. This doesn't matter unless baby comes very early or late as term (when babies are ready to come into the world) is from 37 to 42 weeks - a big window :)

Congratulations :)

I was actually suprised at my scan, on the day that i had it i was exactly 9 weeks and i usually struggle to make any sense of scan pics normally but i was actually shocked, it was soo clear. you could see its head and little arms and legs and it was moving around as well. could also see the little flutter of the heartbeat, that was amazing :)

Congrats Khartnett!

Smile, that was a fantastic explanation, thanks!
I was beginning to wonder why my calculations and the midwife's are so different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back