How long for SPD to go?

maybebaby

Reaction score
I started suffering from SPD towards the end of my pregnancy, mostly first thing in the morning, and in the evening if I walked anywhere during the day. Since having ds it is a better but I still have a lot of pain if I walk anywhere - even just 5 mins down the road. For those who suffered from SPD, how long did it take to go completely? I don't know whether it's worth going to the doctor with or if it's completely normal seeing as it's only been a few weeks?

Last edited:
hun sorry to hear ur still feeling bad, i have to say mine went as soon as i had alastair, maybe u should go mention it to ur doc, or ur 6 week check up will be coming soon, u could always wait till then...hope ur feeling better soon xx

Thanks for your reply. I don't see the doc until 8 weeks but will be seeing the HV at 6 weeks so I'll mention it to her if it doesn't get any better.

I still had issues with SPD 7 months after i had Calleigh. I couldnt walk long distances without having that awful feeling that my pelvis was being prised apart :?
Calleigh is now 9 months and i still have the odd twinge if i lie on my side for too long or walk long distances.

i still have problems too and ive lost alot of flexability in my hip area :(

I'm still having pains when I walk a lot. Asked the dr about it at my 6 week check and she said 'see how it goes' and gave me a print out with exercises for back pain :roll:

I have read it takes up to 6 months for everything to get back to normal.

The pain in my fanny bone went within a week. My hips and back still play up now but that's more to do with Connie getting heavier when I pick her up and crawling around the floor when changing etc. Exercise has helped me a lot as I joined the local gym.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back