SPD after birth

mum2A&L

Reaction score
not sure if here or health is the best place for this post... How long did you ladies who suffered with SPD whilst pregnant find it took for your SPD to fade? Mine is worse than ever!! i was kinda hoping that the lack of weight pushing down on my pelvis meant it was going to clear up, but in fact its worse than when i was pg... Im guessing where my pelvis has been pushed apart from giving birth its sore from that.

I really can't do anything. standing for too long really hurts. walking hurts. Sitting hurts, sleeping on one side too long hurts, i can't carry alice as it hurts, everything hurts :cry:

How long can i expect it to take to start to clear up and get better?

I would be interested in replies to this one too!

Thxs

unforutnatly mine went as soon as i gave birth, so no help i'm afraid, I think Kalia or JoAnn and Aimee may be the best users to contact as they had it quite bad during pregnancy and i think took some time afterwards to recover (stress i think). Not sure Kalia is on a lot now but JoAnn and Aimee is frequently so PM her i'd say.

Sandi

Hi, I still have it and DD is 9 months old. I use crutches at work and don't carry DD much and that way I can cope with the pain. If it is still continuing in a months time get referred to the physio - when you go for your 6 week check up tell the doctor about it and ask for a referral. I only went back to the physio 2 months ago and I have made big improvements in that time though I still have a fair bit to go. I wish I had gone much sooner. Friends will try to be helpful and tell you what might help but it is best to get a health professional's opinion. Lots of people said I should go to pilates - my body is still not ready for this though the physio has suggested that I may be able to start gentle pilates by the end of the month.

Do you have a carrier, preferably a wrap, ring sling or pouch? If so I thoroughly recommend using it with your new one. I needed both hands to get myself in and out of chairs so carriers were a necessity for me. Now that DD is bigger I find it hurts to carry her in my arms for more than a few minutes but in a good mei tai I can carry her for much much longer.

Take care of yourself :hug: I know it's hard but the less you strain your pelvis now the quicker you will get better. Make sure others are running around after you :hug:

Mine took a while and faded gradually, it improved within around 8 weeks but i'd say i felt 99% better at around 4months after birth. I asked about it at my postnatal check as was told its normal to still have pain due to the hormones still being present in your body, I was also breastfeeding so not sure if that also prolonged things. Hope it improves soon for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mine was fine in the first few days because I had a brilliant pain killer called diclofenac (sp?) after c section. I remember it still hurting at my 6wk check and was refered to the physio (took about 10 days for apt) who gave me good advice on dos and don'ts and think I began to feel better after that... so 8 ish weeks I think.

It took about 5-6 months after the birth for the SPD pains/discomfort to fade. However, I fell pregnant 8 months after the birth and SPD has kicked back in with avengence from about 16 weeks. :? I can hardly move now at 22 weeks and lying in a bed is completely out of the question (unless someone gives me anaesthetic lol).

The physiotherapist is starting me on hydrotherapy to see if that helps. Maybe that may be of help to you post pregnancy too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back