How pregnant am I?

lucky

Reaction score
:wave: This probably sounds like a really stupid question...

Just been for my booking app. and now I'm really confused about how pregnant I am!

My last period was 10 Nov, and the dr worked out from this that my due date is 16 Aug. But then she said that meant I was approx 4.5 weeks gone... much less that i thought!

I thought you counted from start day of last period, that would make me 8.5 weeks gone... She said that the hospital will send me a scan date but would be a while off as is such early days... I can't bear waiting another 7.5 weeks for 12 week scan to see if everything is OK!

I've tried to post a ticker based on due date so hopefully that will work!

I think she was mistaken, did you ask her to confirm that??
There is no way you are only 4.5 weeks if your last period was at the beginning of November.
When I went for my first appt the doctor figured out my EDD in a big rush and got it wrong by a few days - but not that wrong!

I like this link as it says exactly how far you are, what your trimester dates are and what's happening inside when you put in the date of your last period:

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/

Thanks, that's what I thought! My head was all a bit of a blur while i was in there so i didn't really query it. I'll give them a call tomorrow i think to put my mind at rest and hopefully bring the scan date forward!

If you had say a 28 day cycle and your last period was the 10th November, that would make you approximately 8 weeks pregnant and your estimated due date as Friday 17 August 2007.
I think your GP must have put the dial on the pregnancy wheel on December, not November for your LMP!

My LMP was 10th December, and my due date is 16th September, so I think your doc just made a mistake because I am 4.5 weeks PG.

How confusing for you! As if there isn't enough to think about!

xxxxx

exactly what Piglet said, I'm nearly 5 weeks preg and we conceived on Dec 22nd. I'm due middle of Sep. So if you're due middle of Aug, you must be 8.5 weeks gone.

xxx

Yep your doc definitely got it wrong. My LMP was 18th Nov and I went for an early scan last Saturday and they put me at 7 weeks so your def a week ahead of me.

i agree with everyone else in saying that they have calculated it wrong, my LMP was 12th of oct so your 4 wks behind me and i'm 13 wks so you are 9 wks by my calculations :D

could you not ask someone else to go thru it with you or ring them back and mention someone you know is very close in dates and they have been told they are further along and your just wondering why theres is different?

hope you get it sorted hun

hey Jools! That's so cool!! We're at exactly the same stage!

Are you worrying as much as me? Can't wait to get to 12 weeks and see everything is fine.

xxx

Yeah she defo made a mistake with your dates. Have you rang them up?

Hi KJ,
I'm exactly the same, just want to get to 12 weeks. I went to docs to get pregnancy confirmed but they werent too interested because I'm in the really early stages :(

xxxx

Lucky, you're a week behind me!

My ticker is worked out on Nov 1st as I couldn't remember the date and said "early Nov" so they took it as the 1st. LOL :eek:

thanks everyone for reassuring me! I've left a message for the dr with the surgery receptionist so hopefully will get sorted out now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back