Hsbc

Tonks

Reaction score
Utterly useless, don't ever use them!! :wall2:

Had an account with them, which I hadn't used for a time. My debit card expired so I rang them up a few months later. They'd put a 'gone away notice' on my account, so I told them I wanted it taken off, new card issued and I would use my account again. All fine. Set up internet banking at the same time, and arranged a direct debit to pay money in.

Try out internet banking, all works fine.

Get a letter today from Lloyds, saying DD has failed to HSBC.

Go on internet banking and my account no longer exists. HSBC closed my account as it was inactive! Been on the phone for 20mins and no one knows what's going on!! :wall2:

I had this problem with Barclays like 2 weeks ago!! I have had to move to halifax and i wouldn't mind but i had regular money going into barclays!! I hate ringing though because i get so angry when they don't explain things and aren't helpful at all! x

I had this problem with Barclays like 2 weeks ago!! I have had to move to halifax and i wouldn't mind but i had regular money going into barclays!! I hate ringing though because i get so angry when they don't explain things and aren't helpful at all! x

Yep, they are very bad for explaining and you do get more angry the longer you are on hold!

Having to change round lots of DDs is very annoying!

I had the exact same problem with HSBC.
I told them that they should at least write to me or try to call me to tell me my account is going to get closed, But no its not their policy.

So I promptly left them and went with Natwest - never had any problem with them at all.

I had the exact same problem with HSBC.
I told them that they should at least write to me or try to call me to tell me my account is going to get closed, But no its not their policy.

So I promptly left them and went with Natwest - never had any problem with them at all.

Did you have any money in your account? I didn't in mine, but am now worried about depositing money into it if they can close accounts with no notice!

I have to go into my nearest branch to pick up my new card. :wall2: Wouldn't mind, except it's an hour and a half away!

Why won't they send it to you? They should be able to ID you over the phone based on the info they hold about you and send to you at home?
K x

Because apparently the account was closed and at the end of last year I'd changed my address :roll:

I HATE banks. I changed my address with lloyds and because my property is a new build it had to be put in manually. But that was too much work for some admin monkey so they just changed my address to another street in the village, happens to be on the estate you wouldnt walk in alone even in the daytime. And they managed to send out a statement before I noticed what had happened. They refuse to accept they've breached confidentiality because its against the law for the other person to open the envelope cos it has my name on it. good grief! AND they wont send me another statement without me paying. urgh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back