i really dont know what to do, Dad being irrational.

Miss.Monroe

Reaction score
ok so i cant belive im in the relationships thread again! asking for your advice!

as many of you know i moved back into my dads house last week, because my OH flat has no heating or hot water and there is mould on the walls and no storage space. id been living there for a year, with little communication from my dad during that time, i moved out because we didnt get on.

baths have to be taken when you get in, as 8pm is considered too late, once you have had dinner you darent go into the kitchen for anything else without him coming out and seeing what your up to. when he wants to go to bed we have to go to bed, were not alowed to stay up or watch tv even in our rooms.

This makes me feel very uncomfortable and like i cant do anything without getting into trouble, i try and stay in my room when my dad gets in and stay out of the way. i dont like going downstairs to get something to eat in the evenings.When he comes home in a bad mood everyone knows about it and makes our life hell.

i am the middle daughter, he has a 28 year old who lives in Luton working on the radio and he frequently puts money into her account for her.
i am 20 and my sister is 18 and goes to uni 2-3 days a week, asks my dad for money all the time for new clothes, to go out and drink and to go out for meals and the gym. she has never had a job, nor had the desire to get one.

i moved back out of necesity because i couldnt carry on living washing my hair in the sink, and not having clean clothes. i am deeply greatful that i have a roof over my head and that i have food bought for me to eat. but still there is no communication. my dad was nice to me one evening when he was drunk and said i can stay here as long as i need to.

there is no doubt that he treats me diffrently, i havent asked him for anything, not a penny nor has he offered it, i work 5 days a week to make sure my £80 loan gets paid of and im trying to save for driving lessons. any clothes or activities i want to do i pay for myself, as i think they should be!

my friend came over last night to see me and she left at 11pm, once she left me and my sister were watching tv in my room, and my dad came in saying is this what your going to do all night, and my sister said no. then dad said to me good because im not having you take over the house like you did last time you were here!

i couldnt belive what i was hearing!!! i dont nor did i ever feel comfortable in my own home! and he said that to me! if anything my sister takes over the house, drinking in her room, having her friends over and coming in all hours of the night, shes constantly asking him for money and he always gives it to her. it just seems like hes taking it out on me.

it doesnt seem to affect my sister, but it really hurts me! i dont want money from him i want his acceptance more than anything, i dont understand why i make him feel this way. i was crying last night because im confused by what i do wrong. i was thinking of writing him a letter and leaving to downstairs. i dont know what to do.

dean had someone over last night to talk to him about his finances, and hes decided to pay up the arrears on the flat and then sell it, so we can get somewhere to live. that wont be done by the time the baby is here, so im going to be living here with the baby for a while, which my dad doesnt know yet. he goes mental when my tv is on past 10.30 my life is going to be hell every time my baby cries in the night!

what can i do, ive been on the verge of tears all day.

Didn't want to read and run. You sound like you need some of these :hug: :hug: :hug: Haven't got much advice.. sorry. Could you not put your name on a council list?.. or i know it sounds extreme but become homeless live in hostel whilst pregnant and then they'll have to find you somewhere to live. Surely that better than living with your dad, when babys born you'll be under enough pressure never mind feeling bad every time baby cries. xx sorry can't be more of a help :hug:

I'm afraid I'd have to move out, would living with you OH's parents work out?

I left my ex husband in Jan 06 and moved back home to my Dads, I stayed 6 weeks and he made my life hell, practically wasn't allowed out (I was 24 with a 5 year old!) He said I could stay for as long as I needed but it got me so down :(

im glad you have experience of it babylicious! i just feel let down that he treats me like that, i dont want money from him! just for him to accept me!

im going to send off a council form, need a few forms of id first before i can, im going to say im living with my OH still.

If you put down about living back at home with your dad and the stress it's causing you etc they should house you pretty fast. I was lucky I could afford to privately rent although it did leave me in debt to start with, I'd have gone stir crazy staying there, for a start he used to go mad when I wanted to put the heating on etc :x

Don't speak to him now :(

its sad isnt it when you dont get on with the people who brought you into this world. even sadder when i realise im going to become a mum and wouldnt treat my children like this :(

Is your OH's flat rented or owned? Can you consider moving together?

Sorry I haven't got much in the way of useful advice but try and remember this is only a temporary measure until you get things sorted more permanently :hug:

mmonroemaniac said:
its sad isnt it when you dont get on with the people who brought you into this world. even sadder when i realise im going to become a mum and wouldnt treat my children like this :(

I agree, my parenting is completely different to his and I'm happy with my choices :D Do whats best for you hun, living there doesn't sound like an option x

:hug: :hug: :hug: Sounds like your having a pretty rough time back at your dads, can't you go to the council asap say your still living with dean, as he has no hot water and things surely they should move you out into your own plave asap as its not good for your health or the babies health,

As well as doing that i would try and tell your dad how he makes you feel and see if it makes living their a little easier for the time being.

thanks for all your advice,i kinda broke down again last night, spoke to a close friend whos like a mum to me and shes going to take me to the council and see what we can do. try and get benifits etc sorted. living here isnt an option, i just want somewhere i feel comfortable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back