Ideas to take mind of early pregnancy...

ninnypants

Reaction score
sounds daft but I need ideas to take my mind off the pregnancy. As I am unemployed at the moment I dont have work keep me busy and Im sitting here all day thinking, worrying and stressing about baby and thinking about last 2 m/c as Im approaching the time they happened.

Anyone got ideas?

I thought about maybe watching film after film or reading a book - but not sure how long my concentration would last! :lol:

Luckily tomorrow I got a busy day - jobcentre in morning then home to clean house before parents get here - washing, dishes and light hoovering etc.

Wish I could just fall asleep for next few weeks... :sleep:

No idea, sorry sweetie...but if you do find a way please let me know!!

I'm normally ok and have stopped obsessing as much about it this week. I still worry every time I go to the loo tho.

How about taking up a hobby? I sit and crochet for hours and listen to music when i'm stressed. Although can't do that at the mo as brain won't concentrate on anything other than cartoons & crap tv!

:hug:

Bit of a nerdy reply but why don't you pick a topic (non-pregnancy related obviously) and research it?

I only mention this as I am having to do a lot of research at the minute and write articles for a course and it certainly takes my mind off things for a bit!

Of course I'm sleeping too often to get much done each time but :roll: :lol:

during my pregnancy i went walking alot i found exercise that was safe and fun to do.

if you dont have the babies room fully finished then you could concentrate on that. its still baby related but positive.

i spent alot of time with my O/H parents and grandparents.taking them shopping and church...wasnt really my cup of tea but now i have a better relationship with them

i also held alot of dinner parties... it would take me a week to organise them, it was all fresh foods,entree dinner and deserts cooked from scratch.looked up recipes and watched cooking shows.

i spent alot of time pampering my self in the mornings long baths doing hair and make up and fake tanning, if i was going to be pregnant and not working i might as well looked and felt like a super star! :D afterwards i felt like death warmed up for a while so im now glad i took time out for my self!

goodluck on ur quest of finding something to do

oh and in the begining when baby was born my husband felt a lil neglected so maybe getting up to make him breakfast running errands for him cooking meals he loves packing him lunch, meeting him for lunch just little things to make him feel special untill you have ur hands full with baby

Im in town today so might pick up a bumper book to read and see if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back