I'm booked in for a section!

LucyBee

Reaction score
Just got back from the consultant and he's said that this little baby is so big that it's too risky to allow me to wait and try for a natural birth.

So, I'm booked in for a c-section on 22nd January.

Now I'm officially shi**ing myself. I REALLY didn't want a section! Boo hoo!

It must be really big for them to do that :shock:

Did he estimate a weight? Sorry you arent going to get the birth you want but you'll be fine :hug:

It must be weird knowing the exact date your baby is going to be born on rather than waiting to go into labour naturally!

Awwwwwwwwwww good luck! Sorry you won't get the birth you hoped for but at least you can relax knowing that you and baby are being so well looked after. Was it you who was talking about those hypnotherapy cd's from the NCT? I think they do a c-section one, might be worth a listen? take care :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

sorry you have to have a section but at least they're doing it for the safety of both of you.

that's the best way to look at it :hug: :hug: :hug:

how big does he think its going to be?
sorry about the c section :hug:

Sorry to hear you have to have a section Lucy. It is definitely the best option for you and the baby though, no having to go through hours of labour or going overdue . 22nd is going to be an exciting day! :cheer:

everything will b fine with the section lucy, dont worry urself about it! and u have a definite day of meetin ur LO!!

Sorry it's not what you'd hoped for, but I know it will be fine, and as others have said you won't have to suffer the depressing disappointment when your due date comes and goes with no baby - I suspect time really does stand still from that point on.

:hug:

LBxx

Awww babes, :hug: sorry its not what you want....you have some time to prepare yourself, try and stay calm and focused..at least you can now count down the days as you know when you will be meeting your little prince :cheer:

Not what you wanted but at least your not having to go through labour and then a c-section. :hug:

And you now know babies birthday :dance:

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Lucy you will be fine. the great thing about knowing you are having a section is that you can mentally prepare for it and I think that helps for a speedy recovery :hug:

Sorry to hear it is not what you wanted. I am sure once you get over the shock you will prepare yourself for it mentally. :hug:

Hey Lucy, sorry you are not getting what you hoped for. My plans went a little tits up, - was hoping for natural birth, 29 hours of labour and l had a c-section! Not the best way for it to happen! You will be fine and you get time to prepare for it too. l may well be having another c-section, need to talk to the consultant next thursday about it. Honestly you will be fine. :)

how big do they think ur bubs is??

ull be fine hun and like people have sed least u know wen lil one will be here

Awwww! Thank you all for your lovely posts! I feel better already!

Weight-wise, his estimated weight was 8lbs 11oz and that was last week.

The consultant said his head is ok (97th percentile) but it's his abdomen that's almost off the scale completely he's such a little chub!

Apparently that means he's likely to be broad shouldered and there's an increased risk of shoulder dystocia which is dangerous and they won't risk it.

If I go in to labour naturally before the 22nd then they will let me have a go on my own so keep your fingers crossed girlies!

L xx

gingerpig said:
Was it you who was talking about those hypnotherapy cd's from the NCT? I think they do a c-section one, might be worth a listen?

We did a hypno course Ginger but someone else recommended the CDs and I've still got the link. GREAT IDEA! Thank you so much. I'm going to go and order one NOW!

Ooooooooooo thank you! Will be interesting to see how you get on with the cd :D - really hope it helps :hug: I'll keep my fingers crossed that you go into labour before the 22nd :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back