in your notes ...

larisa

Reaction score
in your maternity notes .for all of tho have had a 20 week scan onwards did they put a piece of paper in there with baby's measurements ?? i would just like to no as im not sure whether my is small,average,big

biparietal diameter(bpd) 51.3mm
head circumference(hc) 193.3mm
abdominal circumference(ac) 175.1mm
femur lenghth(fl) 36.8mm
est fetal weight 469 grams

this was at 21 weeks 3 days ..
x

D'you know what? I just had a look in my notes.. and there are no maesurements in there. None from either scan. :think:

nope i dont have measurements either although i did ask because i have an appointment with consultant in the morning as christopher was a big baby and the sonographer told me the measurments are stored on ur file with all the pics they take of certian body parts/organs (he actually said this is mainly to protect them in court :rotfl: ). he said they dont really focus to much on measurments at this stage. well obviously unless there was a problem and he said we have to tell you if a problem with baby's "average" size is found.

so i wouldnt worry if u have measurments in ur notes or you dont every hospital has different ways of running but the measurements are only a guide so dont worry :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

larisa said:
in your maternity notes .for all of tho have had a 20 week scan onwards did they put a piece of paper in there with baby's measurements ?? i would just like to no as im not sure whether my is small,average,big

biparietal diameter(bpd) 51.3mm
head circumference(hc) 193.3mm
abdominal circumference(ac) 175.1mm
femur lenghth(fl) 36.8mm
est fetal weight 469 grams

this was at 21 weeks 3 days ..
x

Hi Larisa
From my Anomaly Scan carried out at 19wks 4days my measurements were;
Biparietal Diameter(BPD) 44.0mm
Head Circumfrence (HC) 164.0mm
Posterior Ventricle (Vp) 8.0mm
Abdominal Circumfrence 136.0mm
Femur Length (FL) 31.0mm

But they didn't give me an estimated fetal weight, but all other measurements were within the "normal"/ average range.

Mine were taken at 20 weeks exactly. I noticed when they were measuring that the abdominal measurement was a week ahead but she didn't seem to mind! She just said 'yes baby is a bit chubby round the middle!'.

BPD 52.8 (on the sliding scale next to the reading it shows this as higher than average but the lady didn't mention it iso must be ok!)
Head circumferance: 179
VP 7.6
Abdom C 161
femur 31.6

My notes say (supprisingly also at 21 weeks and 3 days :D ):

biparietal diameter(bpd) 51.5mm
head circumference(hc) 199.0mm
abdominal circumference(ac) 174.0mm
femur lenghth(fl) 36.6mm

Hi hun

My Anomaly scan was also carried out at 21 weeks + 3 days, and the measurements were:

Biparietal Diameter: 53.0mm
Head Circumference(HC) 188.5mm
Abdominal Circumference(AC) 171.2mm
Femur Length(FL) 37.0mm
Est fetal weight 458 g

There's not much difference, as long as the Sonographer said everything was fine and the measurements were normal I wouldn't worry! :D

kiki...ours is almost the same
im jst scared bout pushing a 10lb baby out for my first :oops:
but every1 is roughly the same and she dint say it was ought to worry about
thanks all
x

I had a load of graphs with my scan results which plotted the measurements so you could see if they were in the normal range. I'm sure if there were any problems, they'd have told you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back