Introducing solids @ 4 mths

Lucy, the Bumbo is great. I put it on the worksurface so that Oscar can watch me prepare food. I discovered something about the Bumbo. When I place it down on work surface (I've got granite top - might make a difference?), I push the bit between the legs, inwards for a few seconds. That seems to create a suction - Bumbo is more secure!!

We also put Oscar in it in the middle of dining table when we all eat. That way he can join in and see what a jolly affair eating can be!
I won't be rushing out to buy a high chair just yet - Bumbo will do the job for a while, plus it's so transportable!
:wink:
Emilia xx

Brody keeps trying to fling himself backwards and out of his bumbo, I'm really gutted as I thought he'd love it but I'm worried one day he'll manage to get out of it on his own :?

Same here Urchin, Aimee isn't to keen on hers. So can hold her self up really well but as soon as I put her in her bumbo she slumps to the side then starts throwing her self when she has has enough (5 minutes). I'm scared she will hurt her neck or fall over the back of it cos she really throws herself hard.

Thanks ladies, I'll look into getting a bumbo then, although not sure if she can use it just yet - she fully supports her head but sometimes "bobs" about a bit.

Emilia - sounds good, I like the ideal of the baby joining us for meals. Suction tip is excellent as well.

Lucy

I started to give Kai some baby rice since Monday. I had been giving him 35oz's for over 2 weeks now and I think his body has got used to that and he wants more. I am a little reluctant to give him more milk, so started with the baby rice.

I am giving it to him around 4.30-5 because that is when he starts getting hungry for his bottle which is scheduled for around 6 and if I gave him his bottle then it would mess up the evening feeding routine. I will keep doing this until 4 months and then start on more things. He takes it really well and if it is up to him he would have more.

am i doing it wrong?? I'm worried now!

for the first week i gave eva baby rice once a day but she wasnt sleeping. (awake from 1-4am some nights) so i start giving her two meals, then three meals a day. she has been on solids for nearly two weeks now.

is that too much?? she has milk at the same time and i give her a bit less than a teaspoon of solid and make it mild and runny. she doesn't always eat it all anyways.

thing im worried about more is that i've been introducing a new thing at each meal time so she experiences lots of different tastes but on another post it says you can introduce a new taste after 4days!! am i doing it all wrong?? :roll:

ToriElla...
They talk about the "4 day rule". This is suggested so that when you give baby a new taste, continue to do so in order to pinpoint any allergies or reactions.

www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/baby ... foods.html

I think I might be tempted to up baby's milk in take rather. Feeding Oscar solids did absolutely nothing for his waking at night. So i stopped.

Don't worry - it's all new..... even to me (dispite have 2 older kiddies) :D
Emilia xx

for all those wanting to wean i would recommend this book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 46-3541433

i got it the other day and it full of info right up to a year old and gives a chart of how to introduce foods and has loads of recipes up to 1 year and some of them actually sound edible!! :lol:

it also advises on how to introduce finger foods and how to change foods as they develop very very good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back