Is flying ruining my chances?

2184cat

Reaction score
Me again! :) So today I think I am 15dpo (but not 100% only tracked it with a calendar) and I have been bleeding a little (TMI sorry) it's not like my period yet, usually I come on heavy and painful but this is light but is only noticeable and no cramps. Now, I think this is too late for implantation bleeding (last time we did the deed was at ovulation) but it doesn't yet feel like af.

I'm going crazy! Again the bleeding started when I went to work in the skies today. I had a chemical last month which again started when I was in the air. Really worried that my job is going to make it hard for a little bean to stick. :-(

Maybe the witch is just trying to fool me into thinking she is not coming and will get me tomorrow!

Possibly changing your time zones regularly can mess with your cycles, but I don't see how flying would cause bleeding - have you spoken to your gp about it......

I found this on another forum:

I emailed the Miscarriage Association to ask them if flying in early pregnancy was safe.
They said...

"Yes flying is safe, infact a recent research study that was done indicated that the more hours flown in early pregnancy can actually lower the risk of miscarriage!!

Some doctors may suggest to women not to fly, especially if they do have a history of miscarriages. This isn't because air travel can cause miscarriage, but because if anything did happen or they started to bleed, they probably would feel more comfortable being near a hospital they are familiar with."

I am cabin crew so I am constantly up and down with pressure changes and have to lift very heavy items and push those trollies on a daily basis 4 flights a day. When you find out you are preggars they ground you immediately and put you on ground duties to protect you and the baby.

Flying as a passenger is perfectly safe and I would have no worries in doing that which is great for booking a long over due holiday!! :) Thank you for your reply honey.

Got a faint BFP on a frer this morning so going to test again in a couple of days and then tell my work so I can be grounded. Don't want to take any risks. :)

EEEkk so excited x

That sounds like a tough job! And yes quite different from flying as a passenger.....

I would get grounded on a faint bfp tbh! it still means your pregnant - congrats :)

Hey, thanks for talking to me about it. Been really nervous about telling work but got my bfp confirmed by the doctor today and he said to stop flying until the end of the first 3 months and then if I wanted to I can go back but I doubt i'll fit my uniform by then!! I have emailed my manager now so really nervous about the reply! xxx

what can your manager say? they may not like it, but it's life and they will have to deal with it - the most important thing is you and that little bean of yours right? ;)

Thanks guys. My manager was really good about it all. Feel relieved. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back