is there anything i've forgotten?

Linda

Reaction score
just finished packing my hospital bag and wondered if i've got everything?

i have:

3 packs of maternity towels
2 towels
2 pairs of pj's
knickers
a selection of baby grows (various sizes)
20 nappies (going off posts on here maybe 10 a day?)
baby wipes
toiletries
slippers
scratch mits
socks
a shawl (currently being washed)
a small teddy bear
breast pads
comfy bra
vest tops
muslin cloths
socks for me

is there anything you think maybe useful that i will still need or have i enough? is there anything in there i wont need?

all ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

How about some energy bars/sweets and a few snacks and drinks cartons?

Dressing gown
Flannels (for your forehead ..you'll be a bit warm giving birth)

If you've got anything but short hair, take a hairband. I wish I had. You'll be sweating like a hog and by the end you'll look like worzel gummidge! At one point I was going to cut mine, just to get it out of my face!

camera
and old t-shirt nightie to wear during labour
nappy cream

Blimey, I didn't think about packing more than one pack of maternity pads. I better go and buy some more!

You definately need to take a hat for baby. They loose alot of heat through their heads and need to keep warm as they can't regulate their temperatures when they are newborn.

Take a couple incase baby has a mucky head :)

edit --- I forgot...if you are going to use them take some dummies too!!!!

edit --- Paracetamol. The midwives do have them but they are so busy you can wait ages for them to bring them to you....just take your own :wink:

I've got paracetamol packed too and arnica

You'll need some cash - I've stuffed some in my bag so I don't forget

What I'm also doing is putting another bag of stuff aside for if I need more of everything, then hubby can just bring it in with him.

in labour my most useful thing was a water spray as I got so hot and dry mouth and was in too much pain to drink properly.

afterwards - vaseline for nipples if you are going to breast feed - sore until your milk comes in, a swaddle sheet - baby smile wouldn't sleep in the first week unless he was swaddled...... and bad mummy that I am I lived on chocolate and cola at night (although I hate cola usually) because my blood sugar was low nd it made me sleepy when he wanted to be awake and held!

Maternity notes.

Cotton wool, for cleaning baby - some hospitals don't provide it.

Flip flops, you can shower in them!

Roll of toilet paper - hospital stuff is scratchy!

Nipple cream.

Anti bac wipes, incase the toilet is scussy!

disposable knickers were so handy....it reduced the amount of washing and bloody knickers left rotting in my bag :puke: :puke: :puke: Im really odd about blood nd stuff...

oooo and intimate wipes... they were softer on my stitches...

Squiglet said:
disposable knickers were so handy....it reduced the amount of washing and bloody knickers left rotting in my bag :puke: :puke: :puke: Im really odd about blood nd stuff...

oooo and intimate wipes... they were softer on my stitches...

I used fem fresh wipes to freshen up down under during labour :wink: (and no I didn't spray armpit deoderant on my ninny then, that was months after :wink: ) :lol:

straws was a god send as i was bound to the bed and couldnt really drink proper , i was also on limited fluids so could only sip !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back