it happened to us!

purple13

Reaction score
choking, that is.

connor was sitting on OH's knee yesterday, cramming babybel cheese into his mouth as if he'd never been fed before :roll: next thing we knew, he was properly choking on it :shock: :shock:

the reason why i'm posting though, is actually to try and reassure anyone who's worried about their baby choking. both OH and i remained completely calm - OH simply lay connor face down across his leg, slapped his back a couple of times and a small chunk of cheese came flying out.

connor was absolutely fine and made an immediate beeline to another piece of cheese. :lol: :lol:

Glad it worked out for you. I had a similar thing not long ago with Evie...except she was trying to chatter and burped at the same time and choked on some of her own spit.

Ryan had babybel for the first time the other day and he also choked on it! Ure supposed to let them bring it up by themselves and not pap them on the back but when they had a piece of cheese lodged in there throat you automatically pat! lol

:hug: :hug: its horrible isn't it, although i think you need to let them bring stuff up on their own if they're gagging, rather than actually choking. poor connor's lips were actually turning blue :shock:

Bloody hell :shock: i'm glad your all ok :hug: xx

Im so glad he is ok. Well done to your OH for keeping calm and knowing what to do!

Its so scary, when my 7 yr old was a baby he choked on a rice cake! A short slap on the back soon got it out though.

Choking is mine and most peoples biggest fear

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I was only telling OH yesterday what the difference was between gagging and choking and what he could do if Calleigh did ever choke.

lil miss choked on a bit of plastic... the plastic covers from straws on drinks cartons, Tia's terrible for leaving them around and they are see through so sometimes they are difficult to spot especially if its just a bit of it... mind after she choked Tia was much better with them :roll: Scared me stupid!

EEEEEEEEEK! Frightening! I'm glad you are all OK :hug:

I saw a toddler tipped upside down by her ankles and slapped on the back when she was choking on a chip once- unorthodox but that chip cleared abour 20m when it came flying out!

Glad u r all ok!

I haven't had to deal with Finlay choking yet but my nephew did once when I had him and I was so scared! And I have first aid training!

:shock: Crikey! Glad he's ok now. I'll keep that in mind, praying I'll never need to do it :pray: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back