Ive missed my last set of blood tests

mum2A&L

Reaction score
Ive just checked my forms etc, and i thought i was due to have a set of bloods taken on the 29th sept. Turns out it should have been the 9th sept.

I think its the test to check the risk of downs (can't think of the name at the moment). is it too late? If i had my bloods taken tomorrow when im up the hospital anyway would the test still 'work' or is there a small time frame the need to test in?

my bloods were taken on day on my 12 week scan as its an combination of scan result measurements + bloods that give you the risk low or high

not sure if they can do it at your 20 weeks scan might be worth finding out,

rahhh.. MW tried to take them today, but missed the vein. Was going to pop in the blood thingy place on the way home, so they could try the back of my hand, but they where closed.

now im going to have to go back up their again and try and book myself in ater 5 and have them taken. dam my chunky arms and hidden veins.

but..... they can be taken up to 20 weeks and from 14 (16 - 18 ideal).

Im so glad you have posted about this, im unsure on my actual dates and believe im either 10wks or 14 currently, my scan is not booked for another two weeks thus making me 12 or 16 when i have it done, my MW told me these bloods for the risk of downs could only be taken at 15wks no earlier or later :? and as soon as ive had my scan and get my EDD to book for this... ive been worrying that if im the later date i will miss them due to my scan date taking soooo long! (she specified for this to be urgent and it's took 6 bloomin weeks!)

did your MW actually say they can still give you pretty accurate results even after 15weeks?

Im wondering why my MW told me it had to be 15weeks and you have been told 16-18.. you think they'd all read from the same book :lol:

emma10 said:
did your MW actually say they can still give you pretty accurate results even after 15weeks?

Im wondering why my MW told me it had to be 15weeks and you have been told 16-18.. you think they'd all read from the same book :lol:

I know. but then every pregnancy and every motherhood is different, so there must be so many different things floating around.

She didn't say how accurate it was, but up to 20 weeks is fine. I guess TBH that all babies have different growth rates in the womb. 15 weeks could be ideal for someone, but not for another as their baby hasn't grown quite as much, but has at 16 weeks (make sense, or am i waffling on).

Sam&Alice said:
I know. but then every pregnancy and every motherhood is different, so there must be so many different things floating around.

She didn't say how accurate it was, but up to 20 weeks is fine. I guess TBH that all babies have different growth rates in the womb. 15 weeks could be ideal for someone, but not for another as their baby hasn't grown quite as much, but has at 16 weeks (make sense, or am i waffling on).

:lol: no not at all! makes sense, it's certainly put my mind at ease, i was convinced if i missed the boat that was it!

:) thanks

emma10 said:
:lol: no not at all! makes sense, it's certainly put my mind at ease, i was convinced if i missed the boat that was it!

:) thanks

only going on what ive been told, i don't see why any time up to 20 weeks is a problem (ive just checked the forms and it says something to that effect on it). But the 'best' time is 14-16 weeks so i guess there is a time when its better to get results - less chance of strange results i guess.

Ive just re-read your post... 6 weeks!! :shock: thats crazy!!!

My midwife said any time between 15 and 20 weeks was fine - I had mine done at 16+3 (although only because OH wanted them done, I was very tempted not too!)

I have more blood tests next Tuesday - MW just said more blood would be taken at my 28 week check up (I'll actually be 27+2) but I gues they aren't time dependant like the others!

Sam&Alice said:
Ive just re-read your post... 6 weeks!! :shock: thats crazy!!!

I know Im so impatient aswell!! i just wanna know now, i actually seen her write urgent on my notes, they obviously ignored it :( oh well not long now and i'll finally find somewhere to settle in here or 1st Tri :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back