Joseph James Peter

Wannabepreggers

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, my little boy is finally here!

I'll try not to bore you all too much but here goes ...

At 1 o'clock in the morning on the 9th I was experiencing slight period pains but didn't want to get my hopes up so put them down to twinges and tried to get to sleep as they were bearable. Had just dropped off then I was awoken with a stronger one which was quite a lot more painfull than before (this would have been about 1:30) and then the penny dropped that I could be in labour (I was booked in to be induced the next day so really assumed that I wouldn't go naturally).

Ran a bath & got in & stayed in there for about 2 1/2 hours as by this time knew I was in labour as the pains were no longer than 5 mins apart, then rang the hospital who said to go in to get checked out.

Got to hospital & was checked over at about 4:40 & was most surprised to find I was almost 5cm dilated! I honestly thought I'd be sent home.

At 8:40 I was checked again & was 7-8 dilated & my waters were broken for me. OMG :shock:, I have never felt pain like it! My contractions went from agonising to me asking DH to knock me out they were that bad!

At 12:00 my midwife confirmed I was fully dilated and said to start pushing when I got my next contraction but I was so exhausted I could only do 3 pushes per contraction which wasn't enough to get him out so after 25 mins, the doctor was called in to asses my next contraction to see what needed to be done as Joe was starting to get distressed.

I don't know what happened after this, seriously, I had NO energy at all but my body seemed to do it's own thing at my next contraction. Where I would have given up pushing normally, I just kept going (it was like I was possesed) & going until I felt the 'ring of fire', pushed through that then felt his head come out (phew & ouch!), I then delivered his body with one push on my next contraction and was immensly relieved to say the least.

So, I would like to say thank you for reading my rather long labour story & if you haven't had your baby yet, please don't let my story influence you as everyone is different, and I now have my beautiful little boy who melts my heart everytime I look at him. :cloud9:

Will update with pics when I get chance xxx

Congrats hun and well done! Look forward to seeing pics :)

Congratulations! I think that sounds like a good story. Don't put yourself down, you did great!

Looking forward to the pics xxx

Congratulations hunny, you did fab! Can't wait to see pics! x

Sounds like you did brilliantly! Congratulations!!!

Wow, I read that and thought cor I hope I have a labour like that, sounds like you did fantastically!! Congrats hun :)

Congratulations love the name x

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Awww thanks ladies, I couldn't work out how to put pics on but I managed to update my profile pic :dance:. I'm so computer illiterate lol xxx

congratulations! sounds like a great labour! x

Congratulations hun, sounds like you did amazing well! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back