Just got back from midwife :0(

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
I'm measuring 2 weeks behind and I have to go for a growth scan on Tuesday morning :cry:
The midwife said that she doesnt think the baby really feels that small and she is laying across instead of head down so she said that could effect the measurements but she also wants the amniotic fluid checked because she said that could also be why I'm measuring small.
I was waiting for something like this to happen, I knew it I just knew it!!!
I'm glad that I will get a chance to see the baby again but not under these circumstances, I'm so worried!! :cry: :cry:

Try not to worry. From what I've heard the measurements by the midwife are notoriously unreliable. :hug:

I was measuring big and small with ellis...... good luck for your scan,,, just think of it as a chance to see your LO again xxxxxx

the mw if just being overly cautious - she cant really tell the size of the baby that accuratley by just feeling your bump - look on the bright side - you get another scan and photos - jus try and relax - with my 1st they told me he would be over 11lb born - this was the doc in the hospital using a small scanner - funny enough he was only 7lb 10 - much more manageable - try not to get stressed :hug:

Same happened to my SIL and when she went for the scan everything was fine and she had been made to worry loads by the mw too :hug:

Every baby and every person is a different shape and size so how they measure everyone the same I will never know :?

But you do get to see LO which is exciting :cheer:

Stop panicking woman!

98% of these things always even out in the middle and end, so stop fluffin!
Your lo is fine im sure and i pray there are no probs :hug:

Honestly the measurements by the midwife are not as accurate as they would like you to believe they are. Unless they have a VERY good reason for saying large/small then I'd take it with a pinch of salt and look forward to the scan...another chance to see LO, everything will be just fine I'm sure.

She also wants them to check the blood flow going to the baby.
Her movements haven't changed in the last few weeks, she is still just as active as she has always been and she does respond well to noise and food I eat.
These next few days are going to be horrible :(
I hope my baby is ok

Vicky hugs babes, im sure shes fine :hug: :hug: :hug:

If shes still very active and nothing has changed dont panic, they just do all this stuff as a precaution to you both.

My midwife said that these measurements cause more trouble than they are worth!

They couldn't get an accurate measurement for me last week (midwife and student), 1st i was too small then i was ok! and i was worried so i do understand and normal to worry. SHe said almost everyone who has a scan is fine so please try not to worry :hug: :hug: :hug:

Try not to worry about it coz that will only make you feel worse. Think positive and look forward to seeing baby again xx

Hiya hun,

try not to worry too much. As everyone else has said, these measurements are quite vague and there is a lot of leeway. As long as your LO is moving loads, you'll be fine.

K.xxxxx

My MW says she is more accurate in determining how far on I am with her hands than with the measuring tape so dont worry hunny. You and LO will be absolutely fine :hug:

When they measure the fundal height they are basically just measuring the size of your bump aren't they??
She did say that the baby doesn't feel that small but if it is because she hardly has any fluid in there can't that be fatal and what will they do if it is the amniotic fluid? will they want to deliver her straight away?
Sorry for the questions but you know what i'm like :roll:

They told me my DD was small and she was 9lb 4 Vick don't panic sweetie i'm sure bubs is just being a little sod and not playing ball with sitting still for measurements, :hug:

The way the baby is laying can affect the fundal height measurement quite a lot. If it's true your LO is laying more on the side then that could be the sole reason you are measuring "small" for dates.

Although it's easier said than done please try not to worry too much. I bet when you've had the scan, you'll enjoy to see baby again, and be reassured so keep an open mind till then.

:hug:

Can't offer any advice hun but can certainly offer some hugs :hug: :hug: hope all goes well on Tuesday hun

I'm sure it will be ok.
Do you know if your having a girl? Perhaps she's wondering if her "bum looks big in this?" And she's holding it all in for the measuring. :D

im sure everything will be fine hun, i was measuring 2 weeks big at 28 weks and then at 31 weeks i was measuring normal. im not sure what they wud do if you had low amniotic fluid, i know that too much can be very serious and have known a few people who have had to deliver early becus they had too much but not heard of anyone having too little so i cant offer ay advice there. :hug: :hug:

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back