Kids...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KellyHook

Reaction score
How do you work around buying for your children?

Do you have a set amount ?
Number of presents?
or just keep buying till you decide to stop?

Ive spent over £150 on Brooke so far, and it looks like she has hardly anything we normally spend about £200 but im either going to have to buy lots of little thing for 50quid or up my budget.. But then again im quite happy with what im managed to get so far considering how expensive everything is... A Rapunzel doll which is just like a barbie 25-30quid :shock:

also My little charlie has only 8 presents... yes he is only 3months old but i just like spoiling them.

So what do you do?
xx

I just went absolutely mad spending on Aiden :| we've spent about £200 so far and tbf there's loads to show for it, it's his birthday new years eve so that's split between both, with having a whole yet before Xmas I guarantee I'll buy more! I can't help myself lol we didn't set a budget cos we didnt think there was that much we could get him really, we were wrong :rofl: it's his first so I'm not really bothered how much we spend. Think next year though well probably stop at £200.

I just keep buying and im not sure how much ive spent eek x x

I've bought throughout the year when I've seen things in sales! I've spent about £100 so far but got loads for it as everything I've tried to pick up on special!

I have no idea what I've spent or what I've yet to spend :shock:

We sort of have an idea that we would like to have little treats that are special to each child, but that they will share 'big' presents

So for example we might get a really nice wooden blocks construction set which will go with the other wooden blocks (to share)

but each child might get a special wooden character or item that is just for them

Ideally i would like to have a number of shared toys which are added too

A wooden kitchen

Wooden construction set (this can include castles and tree houses and faery houses etc)

A big train set

a marble run (for outdoor play mostly)

That way we can maybe buy the children something very special to them (like Jasper has a ride on fire truck which he loves) but we can also have uber versions of the above that we just add to each year

I am hoping it will teach them how to share yet give them a sense of having things that belong to them individually :)

Ideal each Christmas there would be

A item added to the shared pile
an item special for each
a book
a nice outfit
a set of pjs
a sharing game (when they are older board game or whatnot)
perhaps a stocking full of fun small games from Hawkins Bizarre or whatnot
a yummy treat

that way i think we will avoid piles and piles of presents which lead to clutter and tend to detract from imaginative play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back