Kobi Allen 29/09/08

Riot_Grrrl

Reaction score
hello everyone i've been so excited for months to write this up, and now the time is here i feel a bit sad it's all over with..well here goes

Monday the 29th sept i was booked in for induction so me and my Oh arrived at the hosp at 7.30am i was really annoyed to find out that i wasn't expected and was told that there was only 1 staff on the ward and i would have a bit of 'hanging around' to do :roll: At 11.30am i was finally seen and put on the monitor for a CTG before i had my first pessary, at this point OH had to go home to pick up our boy from school. First pessary was given at 12.30pm and i was told to go for a walk which i did just wandering the hospital on my own waiting till 4pm when OH brought down our 2 boys fo a visit. Sent OH home at 5pm as our boys were wrecking havoc on the ward (really showing me up) :evil: told OH not to expect a call during the night as i was in no pain whatsoever and that i would see him at 10am the next morning. Was given my second pessary at 6.30pm and the midwife said my cervix was 'up to my neck' and tightly closed i expected this so wasn't really bothered. I read for a couple of hours and decided to get my head down at about 10.30pm. Wellllllll at 11pm i had a MEGA contraction and i buzzed for help immediatley (i was scared of frightening the young girls on the ante natal ward with me). I really wanted to hold out for as long as i could before asking for help but that first contraction was a corker!! MW came to the bed and examined me and told me she could only get the tip of her finger into my cervix and that it was going to be a long while yet!! :shock: to be honest with you i knew she was wrong i have had three children before this and i knew that a contraction like the one i had meant it wouldn't be too long..i am guessing it was about 4 mins when he next EXCRUCIATING contraction happened at this point i screamed really loud and the MW came rushing she could see the state it had left me in and had me up on my feet walking to the labour ward (about 30 steps away). Right outside the door i was to give birth in i had my first need to push and i told the MW this as i was pushing, she told me 'catherine try to stop theres no need to push yet' i got into the room and up on the bed, as my bum touched the bed my baby slithered out into my pyjama bottoms i never felt a thing . I very calmly told the MW 'i've just given birth and my waters didn't break' , she quickly whipped my bottoms off LAUGHED HYSTERICALLY and told me my LO was still in the amniotic sac, she broke the sac and peeled away the membranes and placed a very wrinkly baby onto my chest, at this point i was shaking terrible and told i was in shock :eek: yes i was shocked!!. i couldn't believe i gave birth on my own, without any loved ones there :cry: and without any pain relief, MW offered me some paracetamol for the afterapain to which i replied 'I've just had this baby totally drug free, theres no way in hell i'm taking anything now' i think i bit my nose off to spite my face i was actually having pretty bad afterpains..i must learn to stop being so stubborn :oops: . I was due to have IV antibiotics as soon as i laboured due to my last baby having group B strep, but as baby was born in the sac and had no contact with my vagina all was fine :cheer: . So Kobi Allen was born at 11.12pm on 29/09/08 weighing 7lb 4oz born after 2 contractions and 1 push. the actual recorded labour time was 3mins 45 secs. oh forgot to say OH was phoned at 11.15pm just as Kobi arrived he was quite relieved he missed it :roll: heres some pics..please if anyone knows how i can post pics without having to post the link can u let me know xx
http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo15 ... 0_0992.jpg
http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo15 ... 0_0993.jpg

Wow what a story i wish my birth was like that! also its extremely lucky to be born in the amniotic sac!!
He is gorgeous and i love his name :) you copy and past IMG code on photobucket to psot without the link..or highlight those links and use the Img button ^^^ xx

OMG can't believe how quick that was! He is beautiful & I love the name Kobi too :D

Blimey!! That was quick!!
Congrats though - he's lovely, and I love the name too!
xx

He was in a bit of a rush wasn't he... :lol:

He's lovely and dinky and scrummy... :hug: :hug: :hug:

I tried to post the pics for ya but it says there too big :(

What a cutiepie !! Sooo dinkyful look at the size of him next to you hand !!!

Big fat Congratulations and jealousy hun, hopefully my induction will go off as easily tomorrow !!

Start as you mean to go on eh, going to be a right easy going, if a bit impatient little man if ya ask me !

:hug: :hug:

:shock: OMG what a birth story!!!

Why cant all births be like that, painless and very quick and easy.

You ought to write to take a break or some other magazine with a story like that!!

Congratultions, love the name by the way.

wow, iv never heard of baby still bein in the amniotic sac, how unusual!!

hes a cutie, love the name too :cheer: :cheer:

Wow what a labour, that was amazing, such a quick labour, well done and congratulations on the birth of your little boy. :cheer:

Aww you gave birth with your pjs on :cheer:

Congratulations on your little boy, I hope you find him a dino suit on ebay :)

Wow, congratulations!! What a quick entrance into the world!! Love the name too :D :hug: Well done Riot :hug: x

OMG :shock:

WOW :clap:

CONGRATULATIONS MUMMY & BABY BOY :clap:

To put the pic up all you need to do is copy and paste the very last link(4Tth) below the pic on photobucket which starts with IMG.

OMG!!!

What a birth story, are you going to be in Guiness Book of Records next year for the fastest birth ever? :D No wonder you were in shock.

Congratulations!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back