Lending Money (would you ever do this) anyone?????? no one?

Flossy82

Reaction score
Would you ever lend out money to your mates? I will in most cases as long as i knew i was going to get it back but i have a problem now with a friend of mine who i had brrowed from when i was short of money and this is the reply she sent me on msn so bear with me

CANDICE. i KNOW WE BEEN FRIENDS FOR A WHILE NOW. BUT YOU KNOW i DON D MIND LENDING YOU A QUID OR TOO. bUT ITS ON MY CONIOUS NOW THAT WHEN i GOT YOU THE TICKET FOR THE CHRISTMAS DO. YOU PROMISED IT BACK. BUT EVRYTHING HAS BEEN FORGOTTON ABOUT IT. DON T THE CHIPPY AND SAINSBURY MONEY.

ALSO THE CHIPPY AND SAINSBURYS. i DON T WANT RESENTMENTS BEING CARRIED IN OUR FRIEND SHIP IN THE FURTURE

i KNOW DARLING. BUT i WOULD OF RATHER HEARD THAT VERBALLY FROM YOU. iT WOULD OF THEN COME AWAY FROM MY MIND

YEA BABES BUT. WHEN I OFFER IT TO YOU. SUREY I SHOULD BACK BY NOW. ITS LONG TIME SINCE CHRISTMAS. YOU KNOW. aLSO WHEN I TOOK YOU TO THE CHIPPY YOU DID NT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE END THE MONTH. YOU SAID YOU LEFT YOUR PURSE IN THE CAR.

I cant believe it i know it probably sounds bad on my behalf but we really are strapped for money in actual fact its a bit up the creek which i have told her before now and this is the response i get am i wrong or right i dont know what to do now? :(

I think if she was a true friend she might be able to understand and accept that you are short at the minute -however, I suppose it depends on how much is in question and what was said at the time of borrowing.
Try not to worry about it hun,you could do without that :hug:
I don't think I could lend to any of my friends,because of this type of thing happening.I do lend cash to my family though,I'm not that much of a scrooge!!!!!

I dont lend or borrow from friends as if they borrow I can never ask for it back i feel awfull for doing it and if they ever just went off their own backs to payh me back i wouldnt accept it. I dont think either you or your mate is in the wrong on this, the message she sent wasnt harsh and i understand your strapped for cash but if you havent mentioned it whatsoever then i can understand her wanting to know when she will get the money back but if she is a good friend she will understand if you say you will pay as soon as you can. Too many friendships are broken over lent money,

I do lend money to friends, as I find it hard to say no. I lent £30 to a friend before xmas, she said she would give it me back next day.......she didn't and I didn't know how to ask for it. Then last week, she gave me a thank you card with £30.00 in........as she is a true friend, I knew she would give me it back at some point, I just didn't know how to 'remind' her.

Thats the problem with lending money to friends - it can be really awkward.

In your situation, I think as posted above it really depends on how much was lent, and when you said you'd give it back. If you are totally strapped for cash, then I think a true friend wouldn't demand immediate payment - but would perhaps ask you to let her know how you intend to pay - maybe a weekly amount or whatever. Maybe she is short of money at the moment?

Stressing about it isn't going to help you (easier said than done :hug: ) maybe apologise, say you're embarassed about the situation and don't wish to be in this position, but that it it is impossible to pay her back immediately, then offer a reasonable payback weekly/ monthly? Might that work?

:hug:

I dont lend either cause im the same i dont know how to ask for it back...unless its family. But i dont think she is been harsh at the end of the day you borrowed money saying you will pay her back and you havnt. I cant really blame her for been like that in fact she sounded very reasonable.

Do what was suggested above and see what she says but IMO if you cant afford to pay back, then dont borrow money. Please dont take that in a harsh way its just my motto.

could it be that she is a bit short and thats why she needs it back? maybe if she is worried about money then thats why she was a bit funny in her message. it sounds like (by her use of affectionate terms 'babes' & 'darling') she is trying to resolve it without ruining your friendship so take heart in that.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back