Lisey's little lady

I have been reflecting alot this past week, this time last year we were in the beginning stages of the IVF process, I was down regulating at this point, I didn't know what was to come and that I would get my beautiful baby. Those days were filled with anxiety, excitement, anticipation and lots of injections!! It was all worth it though, every second of it.

Sophie is doing so well, she is a character, she is very strong willed and wants things her way. When on my lap she pulls herself up into sitting position (with my hands on her sides of course) from being slouched back on me, she did it once and that was it, no relaxing on me now, has to sit up! she is supporting her head well, a little wobbly at times though lol
She gurgles and babbles away and feels like a little conversation, she even does it with a little angry tone when getting frustrated. Everyone comments on how alert and advanced she seems, my OH was very advanced and my mother in law often speaks of how tiring it was...wish me luck lol

As I have been reflecting I thought I would post Sophie's very first photo :) We don't know which one is her but its pretty special to see her very first moments of developing.

IMG-20160816-WA0002.jpg

Oh wow! From a few cells to a happy bonny baby it's awe inspiring and mind boggling!

That photo of her as a little ball of cells is just amazing! It's mind blowing to think that's how they all started off!

XX

It's crazy isn't it. One of those little embryos is my little bubs. I am so thankful for IVF xx

We had our first proper laugh today, we have had chuckles but she was giggling away and has been doing it all day. She has definitely found her voice. She's a real little character :)

Attachments

• Collage 2017-08-11 14_03_40.jpg
    Collage 2017-08-11 14_03_40.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 18
She smiles at anything and everything!! She's a little star xx

hi lisey just dropped in as I don't come on much anymore what a beautiful smile :) she is a little dote xx

Hi Lisey all is good, I haven't been on PF much over last few months. Our baby journey is over and although we haven't ended up with a baby, I think myself and my DH accept that it just wasn't meant to be. Adoption of a baby isn't really an option in Ireland and due to my age (45) we decided not to go down the ivf route at this stage. We always knew that age was against us if I was 35 I'd keep trying, the strangest thing is I'm now cycle watching to avoid pregnancy.
Your little girl is beautiful and it's nice to know that some of the original people I met on PF have had their rainbow babies. How is your son adjusting to his new sister, I hope you are all enjoying lots of baby cuddles, big hugs xLouise

Hi Lisey all is good, I haven't been on PF much over last few months. Our baby journey is over and although we haven't ended up with a baby, I think myself and my DH accept that it just wasn't meant to be. Adoption of a baby isn't really an option in Ireland and due to my age (45) we decided not to go down the ivf route at this stage. We always knew that age was against us if I was 35 I'd keep trying, the strangest thing is I'm now cycle watching to avoid pregnancy.
Your little girl is beautiful and it's nice to know that some of the original people I met on PF have had their rainbow babies. How is your son adjusting to his new sister, I hope you are all enjoying lots of baby cuddles, big hugs xLouise
Loads of love xxxx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Huge hugs to you, I know it would have been a tough decision to stop trying. I always hoped so much for you as you are one of the most kindest and supportive ladies on here.

My son is doing Ok, he has coped far better than we imagined but his behavioural difficulties on general are getting harder as he gets older, he is good about the baby though so that's good at least xx

She's so cute I want to steal her for some baby hugs :) :) their wee giggles are just amazing!

Glad your son is so good around Sophie. We're expecting the same from Lu but the behavioural side to ramp up for a bit!!

Clementine, sending hugs to you xxx

Thank ladies, louba, how are you?

MrsS, she is a cuddle monster, loves to be held!!
The behaviour might ramp up but it will calm down, we have had some flare ups but generally towards her, he has coped much better than we anticipated. We did lots of preparation and spoke to him about it loads before she arrived, we weren't sure how much he understood of it as the idea of my big belly becoming a baby is a complex concept for someone with severe learning difficulties but he seemed to take it all in from the beginning. At school he says "see Mummy and Sophie" at home time so that's a positive :) xx

Sophie is almost 19 weeks now and doing amazing, she is such a delight. Smiles at everyone and loves attention. We have been to baby groups and she tries to get peoples attention by just smiling at them until they acknowledge her lol. People always comment on her smiles and how engaged she is.
We have started baby rice as I could tell she was ready and she loves it, gets so excited. Will introduce all amount of veg soon.
I had my hysteroscopy (awake) to remove placental tissue. Wasn't too bad and at least its done now.

Here's my little lady

20953785_10154892135281347_3073562565766645943_n.jpg

21077674_10154901615286347_839936386583370034_n.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you all :wave:

Wow, I haven't updated for a long time, Sophie is doing well, she is a character and seems to be very clever (like her dad). She is clapping and waving, as soon as I sing 'if you're happy and you know it' she starts clapping and she waves hello and goodbye to people appropriately. If I ask 'wheres nanny/daddy' etc she looks at the correct people. Its madness, I didn't know they did so much at not even 8 months lol. I am loving every minute with her though, she is so much fun, everyone is in love with her.
I am ready to be very tired soon as she is almost crawling and pulling herself up to standing in her cot :roll:

I am feeling good too, back to pre-baby clothes which is nice as my goal was christmas and I tried my size 10 skinnys on xmas eve and they went on :dance: to be fair though, I hardly eat and rarely sit down so it's not wonder really!

This is my little princess at a christmas photo session we had done xx

7.jpg

17.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member