Long periods??

Blob

Reaction score
Ok i have no idea about all this TTC stuff :eh:

I have reallly long periods like over 14 days...its no fun :( Also my cycles are quite long like 52 days was my last one. Does anyone else have long periods?? It just doesnt help with trying to think about when to try you know :lol:

Oh that is long hun :(

Have you been to the dr?

Yea i seem to remember them being like this before..but i took the pill for 5 years with no breaks so i dont remember much. I remember them being about 10 days though and i know my mum had issues too :(
I dont really want to talk to the doctors i always seem to come away sick from there :lol:

This ovulation calculator goes up to 45 days.....

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/ovu/

And this one seems to let you put even longer in....

http://www.ivillage.co.uk/pregnancyandbaby/tools/ovucal/

I've put 45 in both to see if they come up with the same dates and they are similar but not exact so I'd go a little either side of the dates the 2nd one gives.

Have you thought about using OPKs? They would be really useful in a long cycle and give you a focus while you're waiting for the fertile window. You can get cheapo ones from ebay or a dogs doodah CB monitor but that might be pricey with a longer cycle.

:)

Yea i got some figured that even if i use a whole pack the first time i might get a rough idea...blah its crap being weird :lol:

:rofl: Yea i'll try and remind myself of that 6months down the line :lol:

She was a surprise :lol: But i'd only had one period in 5 years by then :lol: So was all kinda confusing...Took my mum 4 years though so i'm not expecting anything :)

Oh that's torment then! I feel sorry for girls who have a surprise baby then TTC. You must feel like how was it so 'easy' to get pg when I wasnt trying yet so hard when you are!!! Nightmare. Get those OPKs going girl x

Yea i'm not getting my hopes up though my OH keeps saying oh it will be easy :(

I have mega long and irratic cycles so know what you mean about feeling nervous about TTC

Yea i'm so scared i just dont know how long and hard its going to be :cry:

Be positive hun!! :D I totally believe in PMA. Ask, believe, receive!!!

I have to agree with mervs mum PMA seen it work in so many different situations but am still a little nervous as last time was so easy, even with contraception :rotfl:

:rofl: Eeeek hopefully its same for you again then :)

My cycles were the same hun. I went to the docs and they were really good about it. Mine were anywhere between 40 and 55 days apart. The month I conceived it was CD 33 we had sex (had to have been, was the only time we did the whole month!) but based on my dates it actually happened around 5 days later. So I dunno if that will help at all? Good suggestion to just use loads of OPKs and try and work it out. xx

Last edited:
Katy did it take you ages??

I'm just kinda going with the flow and not worrying about it too much just now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back