Longer cycles after coming off the pill?

BroodyBean

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has noticed that after you stop the BCP cycles seem to be longer than "normal" (if there is such a thing!)?
My last cycle was 40ish days and i'm on CD20 at the mo with no positive opk result as yet this month...
A few friends had said that their cycles were longer than usual for a while after coming off the pill! I know everyones different but if anyones had a similar situation, did it take long for your cycles to get back to normal again? (i was on the pill not long after my periods started at about age 13 cuz i was having 2 periods a month so canouldnt even guess how long my cycles used to be!!)
xx

When I came off the pill I never had a period for a year :think: ! So I think it takes a while to get into a 'normal' cycle.

:hug:

Kim x x x x

yes, your body takes a while to readjust, my first cycle after coming off was 83 days, second was 35 and third 31 days.

Zuzi

yesd, got gradually shorter for a few months. first one was about 45 days before getting nice and predicatable at 31/32 days (then again, i'm currently on day 63...)

month 1- mine was 102 days, month 2 42 days, month 3 37 days- thought it was getting back to normal- month 4- currently day 30 with no ovulation yet- what the hell are they putting in the pill to muck us around so much??!!!!
xxx

Everytime I've come off the pill, I start getting periods straight away and they are always between 23 and 26 days. So abit shorter than when on the pill. I guess I'm lucky.

Mine have been all over the place since coming off the pill (after being very regular before starting the pill) I came off Dec 07 and have only had 6 cycles since, everything from 31 to 183 days :(

Thank you all so far for the replies...keep 'em coming!
Its reassuring to know i'm not the only one whos having it, seems really common from what i have read now...i wish i could snap my fingers and we all have regular 28 dayers! :) :pray:

I'm now on CD22 and no sign of ov....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back