Longest & Shortest Labours on PF?

Tonks

Reaction score
A friend of mine just had a baby after 47 hours of labour from the moment she was induced :shock:

So it go me thinking, who's had the longest, and the shortest labour on PF?

I had a 2 hour labour (that's 2 hours from full labour not from when contractions started) and my sister had a 36 hour labour x She was my birthing partner and kept repeating 2 hours? 2 bloody hours?! X lol

my friend just gave birth in 3.5 hrs!

super mama! it was a VBAC too

24 hrs from start to finish for me, although Evie was born quite quickly once I started pushing (about 40 mins)

Mine was 49 hours with Sam but contractions were there but not too painful for the first 5 hours. 5-8 minutes apart and a minute and a half long and painful 36 hours before he was born though...thought he was about to pop out on the Monday evening but he kept me waiting until Wednesday :lol:

47 hours in total, 40 counted as labour and then an emergency c-section due to cord compression....worth every second tho xxxx

i think i was 3hours or less something like that i know i had contraction b4 they established i was in labour i think it was 2 hours after a had went in that they checked how for my cervix had dilated i was 6 cm by then, 20 mins after she checked i was ready to push then my waters broke then 10 mins after that she was born

Last edited:
Mine was 36 hours of contractions at 5 mins apart but only in established labour (4cms) for 59 minutes

I bet Alice is one of the shortest - she text me from Tescos and said she thought she was niggling at 12.50 then said 'shit this is starting to hurt a bit' at 2.20 and Ella was born at about 3pm!! :rofl:

I had a 16 hour 'established' labour with #1 from having the pessaries to her being born and the next 2 were both about 6 hours of what I call 'active labour' where you have to concentrate/breath/use G&A through the contractions. :)

Last edited:
my mum was four hours with both myself, and my sister. Start to finish. she was induced with me but my sister made her own way :)

Mine was 24h from when my waters broke and when the contractions really started properly.

Mine was 19 hours from first contraction until Alyssa was born, but only had 36 minutes of pushing and 3 hours of active labour.

Mine was 63 hours with contractions starting at 4 mins apart!! Why am i doing this again?? xx

I'm so gonna win this I started having contractions on my dye date with first and was 3-4 cm but no beds after a while they said go home ect as wasn't shifting past that for two weeks every other day I was in at the same 3-4 the said it was hard labour and the same excuse every time your contractions will increase soon and you will be well underway come back in a few hrs ect and had god knows how many sweeps but nothing worked when I was 42 weeks they said they would book an induction but would see me before then with a baby (24hrs) they reackoned I'll they checked there books sorry we can't fit you in for another week n a half ... Omg livid!!!! Then I had 24 hrs of needle in my arm as was already contracting at this point readin my notes they couldn't understand why nothing had been done sooner?!?!? Lol :rotfl: then had emergency c section baby was very distressed and was stuck trying to come through with top left hand side of her head that was a horrific labour!!!! Was in labour three days with alex monitored in hosp but they woulndt give me anything as I wanted a vbac x

25mins with Ffion from 0cm to giving birth!

I was in slow labour for 1 week and 1 day.. Random contractions, but was contracting regularly for about a day and a half.. Actual labour labour was from about 11.30pm - 1.40am (Counting from when I got G&A)

25mins with Ffion from 0cm to giving birth!

:shock:

:rofl: im being serious! her head came out when my waters broke, i only had to push once and she was born! she was all black and blue though because of the speed she came out, poor thing was still bruised two weeks later!

bruised cheeks!
IMG_1940.jpg

:rofl:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member