loop excision

Topsy

Reaction score
Hi girls

Wasn't sure where to post but as I've been ttc for over 2years I thought I would try here. I've just had results back from cervix biopsies ( due to two abnormal smears). I have to go in for loop excision for CIN2 pre cancer cell changes. Can anyone tell me what the treatment with involve? And does this mean I should stop ttc?

I've no idea - I think this might be one where you need your doctors advice

Hiya Amy :)

A lletz is apparently a short and pain free procedure but you might feel a bit light headed because of the anaesthetic. You might bleed a little afterwards.

All in all you should be fine.

If you get pregnant before the procedure then it shouldn't matter, but you don't want to have anything inserted in your vagina afterwards for a few weeks to minimise infection and that means no sex xx

Thanks just nothing was mentioned about pregnancy or ttc in the leaflet I got and its not always easy to get through to my doctor.

Xx

As louise has said i had this done a few yrs ago and it was very quick and pain free but did make me feel a little wobbly after. But defo no sex for a bit i wasnt ttc then so made no difference to me.

Michelle. x

I have also had this, about a year ago, it is pain free, uncomfortable and invasive, but worth it if it removes any abnormal cells. I asked about ttc when I was having it done, and the doc said it would have no effect although no sex for 6 weeks after and there is a very small chance (like 2%) of having a premature labour. I have been TTC for 2 cycles so still early days for me xxx

Last edited:
I've had this done too, nothing to worry about, it's fine and over really quickly. I even got to watch mine being done on a tv screen! :) weird to see your own cervix. Only downside is the 6 weeks no sex afterwards. I didn't know about the premature labour risk though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back