Maternity Bra's..

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
My normal Bra's are getting abit uncomfortable now. But I feel like it's too early to buy a maternity bra, I'm not even showing, I just feel like the staff in the shop will think I'm not even pregnant.

Anyway..

How far along were you when you bought your first Maternity Bra?
Or do you just wear normal ones in bigger sizes?

I don't know what to do lol.

xJodieLoux said:
My normal Bra's are getting abit uncomfortable now. But I feel like it's too early to buy a maternity bra, I'm not even showing, I just feel like the staff in the shop will think I'm not even pregnant.

Anyway..

How far along were you when you bought your first Maternity Bra?
Or do you just wear normal ones in bigger sizes?

I don't know what to do lol.

Ive been wearing maternity bras from week 11! you dont want to damage your milk ducts, so go get a Mat bra! Make sure you get fitted - and it doesnt matter if you are showing or not :)

I got mine when i was about 13/14 weeks as my normal bras were getting too tight. I wasn't really showing at this point either but the lady who measured me never questioned if I was pregnat and was lovely. Let's face it ...you wouldn't be shopping for maternity bras if you weren't pregnant-there not the most flattering things in the world!! :rotfl:

Even before I was pg I had big boobs and have always been measured regularly. I tried weaing maternity bras as I was advised to by lots of people but the reason why was never the same! I just didn't get the support I needed from wire free bras so went back to wearing underwired bras in a back size one bigger than normal so that I could wear it a little looser without feeling as if my boobs were touching my knees! *Just * managing to stay in my 32 G bras at the moment but think an H cup is heading my way! :shock:

I got non-underwired ones after my 20 week scan - I got a normal bra and 2 vest top type ones.

I did buy some cheap ones from Tesco when I first found out that weren't wired. But I haven't bought specific maternity bras - don't have the funds for that :(

:oops: whats the difference between a normal bra and a maternity bra?

BeckyJ said:
:oops: whats the difference between a normal bra and a maternity bra?

I'm guessing the price - the bras I have are just non wired ones. They weren't marketed as maternity. Maybe u don't get "maternity" ones. I'll shut up now, digging myself a hole :lol:

Ooh the vest tops I have are maternity - Mirram Stoppard. But they were in the sale at £5 and then went down to £3 after xmas :lol:

I did see some stunning nursing bras in Debenhams that I may have to persuade my mum to buy me when I am breastfeeding :lol:

I got some non wired bras rom Mothercre at 10 weeks, they were still the same size i hadn't gone up. At 15 weeks i am still the same size (i think, where is that tapemeasure). But i am trying to measure at least once per month so i can get a new size as soon as i need them.

sandi

Wearing under-wired bras can cause damage to your milk ducts (obvioulsy only while you are pregnant)

thanks girlies im gonna have a look at the shops the wk end

I've been finding it near impossible to get none underwired bras, ended up getting a sports one from tesco!!
I'm not about to start wearing non-underwired 24/7 though, my boobs need a lift

i have been using my normal bra's. i was going to get some breats feeding bras but they are £26 for 2!! so im gonna wait and see if i get on with breast feeding before i go out and buy some

Hi
Marks and spencers do pretty cheap non-wired bras. They are around the 6 quid mark. I had a look at the maternity ones while I was there and to me, there wasnt much of a difference.
Also matalan do them for about a fiver. There a bit more sturdy, kinda like the ones grannys wear but they are very supportive.

Debenhams have decent priced non wired ones too

Bee said:
Debenhams have decent priced non wired ones too

my debenhams only has maternity ones which were no where near my size and normal none underwired were £25, i want your debenhams!!!!!!

By 10 weeks (I think) I really didn't fit any of my bras - by several cup sizes! For most of my pregnancy I have worn sports bras as I'm not into lacy flowery bras and it is very difficult to find plain maternity bras.

Beware of Marks and Spencer - their fitting service is a joke - I was fitted and sold a bra, went home, realised it was blatantly too big around me so went back for a second opinion on the fit. The person who checked it out said it was fine and they didn't do maternity bras in 32 so this was the smallest band I could have anyway. I went to another shop where a proper fitter told me that I was quite right - the bra should not be riding up my back. She pointed out it didn't fit on the cups either. For M and S to pretend they have trained fitters when all they are is sales people who will deliberately sell the wrong size so they make a sale is disgusting! :evil:
Rant over for now.

Still wearing underwire - just in a different size. Think I could do myself some serious damage if I let these loose in a non supportive bra :rotfl:

Apparently you can wear underwire throughout your pregnancy as long as they fit correctly - it's badly fitting underwire bra's that casue the problems.

Debenhams is a joke for fitting too - the only do oyur back size not your cup size. Well my debenhams only does for some reason :(

Well I'm going shopping this at some point this week with my mum so will go bra hunting. I will check out normal non underwired and maternity bra's and see what I think, I think it would be a good idea for me to get measured as I've got no idea what size I am. I don't know how I will cope without underwiring :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back