maternity grant

LouLou1986

Reaction score
been turned down, it is correct it dnt matter if your 29 weeks before the 11th april you still dnt get it :(

what yous mean has it stopped a got mine with me son but that was 6 years ago x

It's not the surestart one, it's the health in pregnancy one for £190. It's all I would have been entitled to as I'm working...this is my first too!

xx

I'm not entitled to anything and I'm almost 32 weeks so yeah I think there's one that you only get if your due up until end of April and then it's stops x

Is there nothing else we can get??? I know someone who got 1000 with her first then a few week later was pregnant again and got another 1000!

There is still one that gets given out if your on a low income. The one loulou1986 is talking about is the one that everyone was entitled to but they have stopped it if your due after April. So you may still get one Shauna if your on low income. X

You can only get the Health in Pregnancy Grant if you were 25 weeks or more preggers on the 1st Jan 2011 and you can only get the Sure Start one now if it's your first child. I don't get either and I'm on my own. Bloody Government :( xxx

nope i dont get any either the hip grant i wasnt entitled to as you ahd to reach 25 weeks by 1st january and teh sure start mat grant i dont get because its not my 1st child so basically even though im on benefits i get zilch :( but i dont mind i actually agree with it

If it's ur 1st child and ur not entitled to the 500 sure sart grant at the mo then u may be eligible for it after baby is born-u have 3 months to claim it after the birth. Most ppl on tax credits get it xx

I found they pretty much stopped everything for anyone due in or after april :(

I was just in the 25weeks through chance of measurements on my official scan date by 1 day! (health in pregnancy)

Since then I I'm sure I read that they've stopped the baby element of tax credits to those babys born in April & also the Child Trust Fund to babies born in April. I know there has to be a cut off if they are stopping things like this, but why stagger it like this so that all April babies go without yet March & before get everything!!

Yeah they have stopped the baby element in tax credits but you still get the child tax credits which i got all confused and thought they had stopped that too til I called them earlier to ask about my Mat Allowance and Working tax! Phew! xx

so with tax cred u used to get extra money for your baby for them being babies untill they were 1? has this been scrapped to now/ x

Yep. You just get the normal child tax credit for your new babe. No extra for them being babies! xxx

ho ok how much was it a week dose any one know? was it about 10.46pw

they r just makin it hard work i do believe in cuttin some things but they have cut most, i dont get the 180 nor the 500 now i wont get the baby element

yet ive worked all my life and even being a single parent worked part time, just make it hard hard hard x

rant over x x xx

amen hun ive always worked and now get jack all! i disagree with how there doing it tbh as it shud be if you have a child under 5 as then you tend to have baby stuff left over but when theres like 7, 10 or even 15 years between your kids you have jack all like i have! i have barely anything and tbh i cnt afford to buy anything im only just making ends meet as it is!!!

I hate this f**king Govt they make me seethe!! They've made sure they've increased their f**king expenses back up though saying it was unfair on families!! This is due to cost millions - but cut benefits from mums with babies and have now cut benefit for those with cancer - SCUMBAGS!

Last edited:
im thinking about trying for a community care grant or budgeting loan see if anything comes back midwife says i shud try as i need a new mattress for the cot amy has and her cot bed didnt comewith one either and i need a new microwave as it blew up and isnt useable and other stuff see what happens

for taxcredits it depends on your earnings when amy was born i think i was getting 85 or something and coz shes over a year i get 55 pounds i believe they scrapped the baby element i cant understand why they bring these things out then they end up scrapping them. in away i understand why its for first child only for maternity grant as you can reuse the cot and moses basket and possibly pushchair depending on if you know what your having but it is a bit unfair if you have a new born and a child under 3 that still needs a pushchair t sit in or still take naps amy just starting to walk alot better but gets tired quite quickly and sometimes depending on how long where out she still tends to nap she doesnt understand ho to hold on to the pushchair yet and shopping will be a nightmare which i would do online, but other ways if you had a girl or boy first then your second was the oppsite sex ie girl first then boy youd be kind of stuck as youd probs kept all the clothes from the first then youd have to go out to buy boys things. if you know what i mean. what if you didnt know the sex till you give birth aswell i think there only cutting these things to line there own pockets really its just sucks that there doing it when there in the ressession when money jobs and business or going down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back