Meet Hero

Tonks

Reaction score
My new horse :) Bought him yesterday! I have very little confidence riding after my accident when I was pregnant, so he is to get me riding again. I'll have better pictures once he's here, but I'm hoping he'll be with me on Sunday! He's a 12 year old 16.2hh bay IDxTB gelding.

He is aptly named Hero, which I'm sure will provide a lot of banter for the lads on the Regiment!

Better pics to come!

Attachments

• hero.jpg
    hero.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 14
Beautiful horse! He looks very similar to a horse I used to ride called Ziggy x I miss riding! x I even miss the messy jobs! Lol x good luck with the confidence building! It's soooo not easy but you're very brave and will be back in the saddle for good soon with the help of Hero x x

awww he is gorgeous i hope you get your confidence back hun and hope you have fun riding him too which im sure you will hell be your hero when you get your confidence back good luck hun x

He's beautiful! I used to live and work in a huge riding school/show yard but I had a nasty accident on an evil horse and haven't rode since :( that was nearly 10 years ago! Good luck getting back into the saddle, hero looks like a right sweety xx

I'm so jealous! I cant wait to get back in the saddle once LO is born :) My auntie keeps horses so I ride hers - her waters broke whilst riding with her eldest. She seems to think it's perfectly safe to jump on a horse whilst heavily pregnant...maybe in the early 90's it was! lol!

arrr hes fab am so pleased ur getiing back in to it and am sure hell turn out to be a real hero for u! xx

He looks brill! So jealous, have fun getting back in the saddle properly. Hero is a great name for a horse. :)

he is stunning babe can't wait to c more piccies, my zac just got back in saddle today and now says that if this LO is a baby sster for him then i've got to buy him and baby a pony, just my luck i'll have to wait till all kids have left home before i get one :( lol

:love: He's gorgeous :)

Did you get him hun?

He arrived today and cost me a small sum of £500 :lol:

I may have bought another one in the sales too yesterday. God knows what he is, looks like a 15.1hh TBxWelsh. He's a 6 year old chestnut and it was a pity buy. The only other person bidding was the meat man! So he cost £300 and so far seems like he has a lovely temperament and at least he'll keep Hero company.

I must like my bargain horses. The ginger one (we're calling him Teddy) has the vet and dentist coming out tomorrow hopefully and ringing the back man this week too.

Hero has settled in well and travelled over well.

I'll post pics of both tomorrow as I'm only just in and am shattered after today's adventures!

arr u got another one aswell thats fab. look forward to see ur pics xx

Hero is gorgeous :p
Am sooooo jealous. I love horses but have never had the money to pay for lessons or to buy my own horse :( So it will only ever come true in my dreams.
oooo and now I've just read that you have bought another one hehe
Best of luck with your new babies and keep us posted, how they are and any pictures that you take. pweety please as I know I'll definately be interested in reading about them :p

how are the new boys settling in? hope there enjoying there new home xx

Oh i bet you can't wait to get riding again!! I hope they both give you the confidence you once had!! Touch wood i never had too many accidents while riding but i miss it so much - i wish i could afford to have my own!! But at least should you have any worries you could always loan one out to a local person!!

How are you getting on with them? I know a similar pity horse he was given away free to who has him now (but was going to be meat) as he had an accident as a 1 year old and they never skin grafted his leg but his bloodlines are fab. After lots of tlc and 4 years box rest (after the leg had the attention and treatment it needed) he is now not lame, in full work and even doing prelim dressage and small showjumping courses!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back