Mei Tai v's Wrap

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Thinking about purchasing one so I can have Maia close to me as she gets in a bit of a tiz at times and I have to picker her up out of pram to calm her.

Im undecided on whether to get a wrap or a mei tai and I have loads of questions......................sorry :oops:

Would it be difficult to put Maia into the mei tai/wrap myself or would I need someone to help me, for example if I want to use it at the supermarket I would need to be able to transfer her from car seat onto me when we get there.

Can your baby face outwards with a mei tai like they can with a wrap?

Have picked up a few makes or names of wraps/mei tai's
Kari Me
Baby Hawk
Simply Mei Tai
Lotties Botties
Ellaroo
Any more you would recommend?

Just been looking at the Baby Wearing Thread over in Your Pictures & Stories and would love to see any more photos you have of you wearing your LO.

Thank you in advance for your reply :)

not sure if these help?

IMGP1353-2.jpg

zIMGP1638-1.jpg

girls054.jpg

girls060.jpg

We have the Close baby carrier and love it :) Its a wrap, but has rings on it to keep it together so I don't have to faff around with it.

It took a little while to get the hang of it, but I find it easy now. I would find it easy to put her in at the supermarket, as I have done in the past. Only thing I would say about that is watch your footing! I almost went A over T on a squashed cherry on the floor :evil:

psssss... get both... :rotfl: :rotfl: I have to admit of all the mei tais I've seen... simply mei tais are lovely and extremely well priced for a custom design.. in fact I don't think I've seen cheaper for the same :think: ... and I'm not bias... :)

Beanie, love the brown/palm tree mei tai you have where can I buy????

I loved using the Babyhawk with Isaac and its really easy to put on by yourself, even with a larger baby 6month+ :)

beanie said:
its a custom babyhawk - http://www.babyhawk.com

quite pricey but well worth the money

Wow they look the bees knees or the dogs b******s, (which ever you prefer).

I could quite easily develop an addiction :oops: there are so many gorgeous designs

I want one but am going to make one. But how do the wrap and mei tai go on? I'm a bit bothered about doing it right and her being safe?

initially the meitai is easier to put on as it just involves tying the straps whereas the wrap involves wrapping the fabric around you in a number of ways depending on the carry. However like with everyhting it just takes practice. I now find no difference in the time taken between putting on my MT or wrap (depending on the carry)

I tried the wrap for the first time today lol and ruby's head was where my stomach is :rotfl: think i need a bit more practice, but tbh was really comfy even though it was on wrong :oops:

Beanie, I recognise that sling! looks fab on, would u mind if i used the pics...pretty please xxx

sure you can -but I look awful - can take others????

I did a thread on my sling here

I missed that thread totally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: how did i manage that duh!! Think I was away at the time. Your a honey :hug:

midna said:
heres a maria sling thought Id add as beanie did

DSCN0393.jpg

Ive got a meitei of hers too but no pic yet :)

Cant seem to find the slings on Maria's simplymeitai website can you point me in the right direction please or is it a different www address?

Hello :wave: been having trouble getting in this morning, whats going on?, its you lot talking to much me thinks :rotfl:

Charlie and Lola can you pm me about the wraps so we can have a chat!!

Maria x

Hi all

Ive been watching this thread and thought id join in. I have a 16 month old daughter who is into everything lol, i bought a sling/wrap from www.lottiesbotties.co.uk when i saw their company at a baby fair a month or two ago. The lady who runs lottiesbotties was great she even let me try the sling or wrap lol first and i couldnt believe the comfort of them, i had previously bought a different sling from ebay which had rings on it and i found it very uncomfortable as the rights dug in to me abit so the wrap sling was fab, i take it everywhere, as it fits easy into my daughters changing bag easely, i even take it out when my daughters in the pushchair coz when my nephew whos 3 gets tired, he has a ride in the sling too lol. Wish i had one of these when she was newborn as you can breastfeed discretely in them, i use to run back to the car which was no fun lol. I have just placed another order with lottiesbotties for another wrap sling as my friends just had a baby. I always get asked about it when im out shopping, the instruction book is easy to follow, and takes secs to put it on when you've done it a few times.
Hope this has helped someone!

ceri x
cez8457

I just LURRRRRVE these wraps..

http://www.mom4life.com/catalog.php?item=171

With the current conversion rates (38quid including international shipping to Spain which is further than the UK :rotfl: ), its on par with most other UK wrap providers who offer stylised wraps BUT... it comes in far more beautiful fabrics... dupoin silk for example... instead of just plain black cotton/fleece... Its hemmed to make it stronger to carry bigger babies such as toddlers... If I had the money I'd be spending it on one of these... they are gorgeous...

Although I think quiet words with Maria :wink:

everyone has recommendations, but I think you need to have a look at all different types and find one that suits you (though I don't think you can just have one sling, they just all have their own little pros). This site sling meet has details of local groups so you could go and look at them and try them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back