Men buying baby clothes

Hazel

Reaction score
My DH was in Tesco earlier and phoned me to tell me there was 20% off kids clothes. I said to him if he sees anything he likes then to buy it but he wouldn't as we haven't got many clothes for her yet. He said that he felt funny buying clothes without me there :?

Do your OHs buy things or is this a woman mainly down to the women?

my husband would buy things if he saw something he liked

I was thinking if we were having a boy then he would be better at buying things.

I think he's a bit scared of pink things :lol:

Sketty would buy it if he thought that I would like it. :) He wouldn't just not buy something because I wasn't there.

husband has no problem buying stuff for the LO

my OH is quite happy to buy scarlett stuff in fact he is just as bad as me! Shopaholic!

My OH bought a few items once while he was shopping for himself...think it was partially a guilt thing as he told me two weeks later that he also bought a t shirt and a top for £95 for himself but they didn't fit and he's hidden them somewhere! :roll:

He hasn't bought anything else since, but he did get more excited than I expected the other day when I spotted some beach shorts and sandals! xx

He was very interested when I chose the more technical stuff like the baby moniter and the steriliser/bottles. Boy and their toys :roll:

He did a great job of putting the cot and furniture together but he seems useless when it comes to clothes, bedding etc.

I so can't imagine my DH buying baby clothes!

Dave would quite happily buy Tally stuff, except she already has too much!

If i want to buy something for her he always tell me if he likes it or not and without his approval i cant get it. But he's the same with my clothes, he's always willing to tell me if he likes it or not etc. It's great, like having your GF with you except not lol

I don't think I'll ever see the day Gray buys something for his daughter lol :lol: So, I can only assume I'll never see the day!

How sweet of your OH to see clothes and to let you know! I think that's really lovely :hug: xx

I was about to wake up my OH and ask him if he'd buy clothes on his own but figured he'd just get all annoyed because he is sleeping through the footy currently :roll:

I think he probably would although as we are keeping the sex between the two of us (and the PF forum ;) ) I think he is a bit worried about being caught buying boy stuff!

I know he wants a liverpool fc babygro but I was thinking of buying him that for father's day :shhh: I'm not sure he's ever going to get the chance to buy clothes though because of me getting carried away with it :oops: :D

OH came home with a little blue bodysuit with pirate monkey's all over it the other day :think: Apparently our LO will love it, male or female! Hmmm... think he's secretly longing for a blue bunder :) Won't fit them til their about 2 looking at the size of it either but it's the thought that counts!

Sarah x

I would love Joe to, but I cant see it! Not because he would feel funny about that, but he would think I may not like it or he wouldnt get the right thing! hes so dependant like that! :roll:

We had a breakthrough with this today me and OH in chairty shop i got a phonecall and he wandered ALL BY HIMSELF over to the baby bit and came back with 2 brand new sets ! Not sure whether hes just THAT into bargains or the baby, i usually sort of wander over to baby sections evrywhere and he follows, never really leads the way !!! Im not sure, darent wait to find out incase he doesnt and babys born with no clothes or anything lol

My DH is a 100% hands on Dad, we're absolute equals with regard to parenting. He often comes back with clothes for our son when he's been shopping. Lovely clothes at that :D

I think it's lovely that your DH thought about buying stuff :)

I can't wait to start buying stuff!!!!!!

Jimmer

My OH cant wait to start buying things, we are going to go on a right shopping spree once we find out the sex on 9th June :cheer: - as for him buying on his own, he hates going shopping on his own (as do i!) so although he would like to, he probably wont! :)

Oh always buys me and dd clothes and shoes, so he'll be buying lots for bump aswell. x

My OH is so excited we're having a girl he has been really good with buying things he has brought her a couple of lovely little dresses and clothes bits, a mobile and he was going to get her a soft toy but the fluff was coming out which he wasn't happy with and put it back, I don't think he would buy stuff without me there he worries about getting the wrong size or wrong thing but hes very enthusiastic and has been looking up baby stuff, especially push chairs, on the net and reading reviews and things, hes such a sweetie! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back