Midwife!

xshauna_bazx

Reaction score
Hi, i had my 39 week midwife appointment today. Blood pressure was really high then went back down.
She wouldn't tell me how far engaged i was :mad: she just kept saying probably the same as last time (i had been seeing my consultant instead of her for a few week and he used to tell me) I was 3/5 last time and she said she won't go lower until labour... which i thought was a load of crap?
I then went on to say i don't want to go overdue but think i will... she replies with "you probably will, 60% of people do" :mad: wasn't that long ago she was saying she thinks i will go early!
Then i said when i am in labour will i definitely be allowed an Epidural... she said "probably if there not busy"
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
:x
Pissed off today!!!
xxx

awww ur midwife sounds nice hahaha NOT.. x

Oh dear; I do wonder about these MW you know!! x

She wouldn't tell me how far engaged i was... she just kept saying probably the same as last time ... I was 3/5 last time and she said she won't go lower until labour... which i thought was a load of crap?
I then went on to say i don't want to go overdue but think i will... she replies with "you probably will, 60% of people do" :mad: wasn't that long ago she was saying she thinks i will go earl

LOL sounds a lot like my 39 week check! My baby is 3/5 and MW told me that will be the case until labour probably and after telling me that I would probably go early - to the extent of having steroids at 35 +5 weeks she has now pencilled me in for a sweep next thursday (if the consultant doesn't give me one on wednesday) and for another at 41 weeks! They don't really have any idea but as long as our little girls are ok that's all that's important right? :) still - its been a long wait!

Xx

That's like my very unhelpful mw yesterday, take no notice hun x x

i seem to have a nice midwife. my 1st one wasnt great but i changed and she is pretty good. really nice.

sorry you have got a rubbish one that clealy has no idea what she is doing. to tell you you will go early and now say you will probably go late, where has she suddenly got that idea from. xxx

from what I've been told your baby can only be 3/5 engaged ,it only become fully engaged during labour ? might be wrong there..

my baby is fully engaged wookie. it varies all the time.

my midwife told me to go on all 4's to him in best position possible but said dont go over too much cos he might come back out and when he is engaged you want him to stay there. xxx

Why are most MW's horrible, they have the best job in the world delivering all these beautiful bundles!!

My MW however is absolutely lovely!! I'm praying she's on shift and can deliver my boy when the time comes!! If not we're making a special trip to see her coz she's been so nice throughout and it seems a shame that she doesn't get to see the end result! Bet I get an old witch though lol x

Oh i know what is it with Midwives!!!
Thats exactly what she said to me wookie!
NMF, when did yours get fully engaged?
If i went to the consultant he would of told me :(
Looks like i'll be in the overdue club :cry: xxx

well saw midwife on friday and she told me then but also said he has probably been there a good week or so before as i missed an appointment and he was well and truely stuck down there. lol. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back