miserable babies ?

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
can they be ? leland seems to cry so much :cry: its not very often his awake and happy . he can also go from crying / screaming to laughing in seconds but again this doesnt happen alot

try playing with him but his still struggling with the whole toys things and deffo cant hold or reach out for stuff

his swing does keep him quiet and settle him but also sends him to sleep lol

bouncing on knee works sometimes

cuddles rarely work

have i just got myself and grumpy old man ? and is it cos i was grumpy / miserable durring pregnancy ? i feel his moods are all my fault and in turn thats make me miserable again !

:hug: awww its a bit of a funny inbetween age he is at i think, glenn didnt do much at that age, then a few weeks later he may get frustrated as his mind grows but his hands arent doing what he wants them to, glenn is 6 months and he is only just able to stimulate himself with toys long enough for me to think he is actually trying to play and keep himself amused for a while..it gets better.x

Finn was miserable and cried LOADS - he's still very temperamental even now...however he is a lot more contented since he went on to solids at 4.5 months.

was u miserable in pregnancy kylie ? i really think its all my fault !

Hi Gem, Daniel tends to be at that miserable stage too. He wakes up, I then talk to him and most of the time he starts making a wingey noise. It actually looks quite cute but sometimes it upsets me especially if his mouth goes :(

I have read recently that babies can cry even just to air their lungs, how true that is I don't know.

I was pretty miserable in pregnancy too, sick nearly every day and I had GD.

We have probably just given birth to cute, sweet, lovable and ummm wingey babies :lol: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: it is not your fault - and he is probably just expressing himself differently - cuddles dont work for Darragh much either when he is cranky/upset unless he is very tired- he gets too warm and uncomfortable - I find lying him on a soft blanket and talking all the crap of the day to him works a treat

Leland is only very little especially with his corrected age - he will be giggling and smiling like an eejit in no time!!

Baby smile is a right grump - it just makes those smiles all the more wonderful!

I think it may be because he has great difficukty adjusting to any changes (like his dad!) he likes to do things slowly and gets upset when things happen he wasn't expecting - which doesn't worry me as it is normal for a baby and hopefully will get better when he is older.

Harry is grumpy balls too and I was fine during the pregnancy, I think he just takes after his dad

Mine often gets grumpy before she hits the next milestone and learns something new. Was really hard coming up to 3 months when all she could do was lay on her back and couldn't really play properly. Then she cheered up when she could grab and chew stuff.
Then miserable again just before she learnt to sit and then was happy as soon as she sussed it out. Could be a bit of frustration like Rach said - in between stage.

aawww dont blame yourself at all, I think its just an age thing, he is still so small - you were due a few days before us and Eva is a right wingebag too. She is only happy when eating or sleeping and for about 10 mins watching her mobile or laying on her playmat, and grumbles ALL the time!

A friend of mine said before I had her "dont worry if she winges loads for the first few months they outgrow it" - i didnt know what she meant at first but am really hoping she is right!

Maddison was VERY grumpy at that age, it seemed that all she did was sleep and cry :roll: I had a fab happy pregnancy so its not your fault, babies can just be miserable :lol:

G3M said:
was u miserable in pregnancy kylie ? i really think its all my fault !
No I had a great pregnancy! I think it was payback for having a great pregnancy and an "easy" birth!

:hug: :hug: Don't blame yourself hon. I had a great PG so If that was the case then Jess would be the most well behaved, contented, happiest baby ever, but I bet she'd give Leland a run for his money in the miserable department.

Dont blame yourself Gem! It's nothing to do with you or your mood in pregnancy, That's just a myth!

thanks girls , for saying its not my fault , lets hope they cheer up a bit soon huh !

Its boredom :roll: lil miss went through a grumpy phase which she has only just come out of because I can lie her on the floor now with loads of toys around her and she can grab them and play with them...plus she can move about which is a first. (she moves around like clock hands to get to toys. )

Its no ones fault... they are just grumpy at that age, they become interested in their world, yet can't access it because they lack the skill and coordination and they get bored. Once they learn the skills to access their new world they will be much happier. but phases of grumpiness are usually followed by phases of development where they are trying to do something just they can't work out how.

Don't get me wrong lil miss still has the odd day when she gets up on the wrong side of the cot...but that can usually be traced to a bad tummy, over tiredness or a change in routine...then my lil grumpy mare bag returns in all her glory :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Our community nursery nurse gave me a print out from a book which had a time line and the different "moods" that a baby has over a year, for example, if the time line was coloured in black it was a tempestuous time!! If it had a thundercloud symbol it was something else bad, if it had a sunshine it was a happy period. I must say that there were more black bits and thunderclouds than sunshines!!!
I assume it correlated to growth spurts etc

Until very recently Alex was quite a grump as well. When he was new born DH and I were constantly saying to each other that he was the grumpiest baby ever!

It's only the past couple of weeks where his personality has started to shine out - you can have a laugh with him now :)

there is hope then ! funny thing is in company he seems much happier , how to make mummy feel worse huh ! like he had kat and her yr old bub round last night and he was soooo content ! typical !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back