Money and House

Aaron Evs

Reaction score
Hi

Me and my gf are very worried shes only 18 im 19, her dad said if she is preg then he will kick her out, my family dont get on with her so we are stuck.

Could i get a council house?

Im in full time work and have been for 4 years on a good wage, she is still in college and on a work placment in morriston hospital and there is a good chance she will get the job full time there.

And what about benefits because we need help with money. Do you only get benefits after the baby is born or do you get help through the pregnancy?

Please give any advice it will be very helpfull

Thank you all x

For a start there is no harm getting yourself on the council list regardless. But the way they see it here (dunno if it's different where you are) but if you are on a good wage then you are able to afford your own flat. Depending on what you earn you may be entitled to working tax credits. I think if you go on http://www.entitledto.co.uk/ and put in your details then it should give you a vague idea of what you can have. You should get child tax credits after baby is born and definately child benefit, which at the mo is about £75 a month.

Hope that's of use to you.

thanks for the reply

i have been thinking about renting a flat but after the rent is paid and all the other costs we will be left with no money.

everything with us is so complicated we have been talking and talking about everything but not getting no where thats why i joined here for advice. ill ask her to join this site aswell.

tomorrow we are going to the council to get housing and benefit advice then to the doc to book a midwife.

im worried about her a lot aswell she is not eating much only like 1 meal a day and thats unhealthy food, if she eats she is sick right away, and she is very stressed out and that cant be good for the baby. i just wish i could take her pain away

Thanks x

The first bit is the hardest. The finding out, where to go from here etc is very stressful, for anyone. Then she has hormones on top which don't help! You are doing the right thing by standing by her, and going to find out all this info so early on.

You've come to the right place. Everyone here will help where they can! We're all so very supportive!

Congratulations. And good luck. Hope all goes well for you both.

Thanks ill keep on doing my research and post a few more topics ect and c how things go

She will sign up later aswell

Thank you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back