MOTHERS!!!!

lozzi

Reaction score
im only 15 weeks and my baby is nearly fully kitted out, and ahs most of its furniture on order, on route, or in storage.

most of this stuff i had no idea about. i happened to mention the other day about going looking for certain things and she was like ooo thats already bought its being delivered next week.

i was like WTF

anyone else's mothers gonig mental on the buying front?

My mum would if i let her! Shes banned till i'm at least 20 weeks.

no it was my MIL who done that i was lucky if i got some vodka fumes from my mother but look at it this way at least you dont have to go buy it all and the money you save on buying the stuff she has bought could go towards something else thats the way i see it now and it isnt too bad to be honest

take care hunny

xxxxxxx

My Mum is visiting and has gone crazy but I love it! Her and my step dad have already bought a travel system and she has bought so many clothes including a pair of D&G trainers! My brothers are also buying loads of stuff but this is the first grandchild so I can't dampen their enthusiasm. Enjoy it, its much nicer to have the support than to be on your own :D

my mums not really that interested she has given me £20 to get something but i dont really hear from her :(

my dad on the other half is now a shop o holic! :rotfl:

My mum has bought a fair few things which is nice, I think other family members are waiting for my scan, then they will prob by clothes according to sex (if we can find out)

luckily for me im a lone parent!

ive got all the descisions like that to make for myself,

altho the downside is i get all the nappies ;)

cab'o'holic Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:37 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mum wants to buy from car boots, and OH would go mad.

Why would hubby go mad, 90% of the clothes from car boots are in mint condition, have had NEXT suits that would have cost £15 for £2. you'll save loads from car boots, some of the stuff ewan had he only wore 3 times before he grew out of them.

I've only bought ewan a hand full of clothes new but they were in the sale, i refuse to pay full price for baby clothes they are cashing in on mums.

Carboot clothes are ace! but everyone to the their own!

I have also been buying a few second hand bits from ebay. Only babies have worn hem no sweaty old men! In fact there are a lot of things for sale that still have tags on as babies grow too fast to wear them. I have 4 snow suits all bought for between 1 and 2 pound each. They cost at least £20 here new and as we get so much snow I need a few but babies only´wear each size for a few months. Its a great time to get baby winter stuff on ebay at the mo' because people aren't thinking about the cold weather yet so get some bargains :wink:

i cant see the problem wtih second hand clothes for babies, they grow in and out of them so quickly it seems mad payin manufacturers mad prices for something abby will wear twice,

dont get me wrong if its crappy all bubbly and torn or something theres no way but my sister bought me a lil suit the other day from a charity shop it still has the tags on it!!! and i think she paid a quid!

My mum keeps coming home with bits and bobs..i swear this baby is going to have more clothes than me! :shock:

my buggy, and cot were new, i just thought i'd rather have some thing like that new as it will hopefully last through to my next sprog.

skatty said:
I have also been buying a few second hand bits from ebay. Only babies have worn hem no sweaty old men! In fact there are a lot of things for sale that still have tags on as babies grow too fast to wear them. I have 4 snow suits all bought for between 1 and 2 pound each. They cost at least £20 here new and as we get so much snow I need a few but babies only´wear each size for a few months. Its a great time to get baby winter stuff on ebay at the mo' because people aren't thinking about the cold weather yet so get some bargains :wink:

i sold all Colbys newborn stuff on ebay most of the stuff were brand new and babies dont stay little for long within about 3 weeks they have grown so much and most of the newborn stuff didnt fit. I sold 2 boxes to the same person for £50 that was including P&P and their was over 150 items most of them were sleep suits, brand new still in wraper and outfits still with tags. Im an ebay junkey....lol I buy most of my clothes from ebay too i got a brand new burberry skirt, pricetag on it was £98 and i got it for 99p and i got a pair of burberry trousers white they are stunning price on them were £71 i got them for £20.

i love ebay :cheer:

p.s i also have a white satirn (sp?) cradle bumper set brand new that i never used and going to pop it on ebay if anyone wants it first just pm me (only reason i didnt use it was because i never got a cradle :( )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back