Mw appointment - now Im panicking

karen1969

Reaction score
Just been to see the midwife at 34 weeks, and hes turned to Breech , she said dont worry- haha, they can turn up till 35 weeks, I would be petrified ogf haveing a section.

Has anyone elsed baby turned after 34 weeks, Im getting in a right state just thinking about it Im petrified of operations etc.

Thanks
karen

I think at this stage the baby can turn all over the place (thats what my doc told me) I really wouldnt worry hun.. im sure some of the other ladies can give you their experience though.

Claire x

Get on your hands and knees with your bum in the air. I did this every night for as long as I could (which was about 5 mins!) and my son turned at 34 weeks.

Don't worry hun, there is still time :hug: :hug:

My sister was told to lie on the floor with her bum on the sofa, it did the trick :wink:
Failing that acupuncture can do it too :D

my SIL was told babies can turn up to 36 weeks so dont worry about it... get that bum in the air girl :lol:

Hey there
My LO is firmly and resolutely breech and staying that way, have a c section on monday :shock:
My situation is slightly different from yours and I hope the contrast will give you some hope!

You say your LO has only just turned breech? Well that suggests he has been head down before? Which means that head down is a position they have been in before and so therefore can go back that way. My LO has been malpresented since the MW could feel where it was. Initially transverse and then breech but never head down. When I went for an ECV which failed my consultant said that she did not think it would work because of the persistant nature of the breech. If your LO has not always been breech (and even if he has) then there is a good chance that he will turn again. A NCT friends baby was breech at 35 weeks then turned suddenly while at her desk at work. There are lots of things you can do and one thing is moxibustion which seems to have good results. Unfortunately when I went to enquire about it at the chinese herbal place I was told it was too late at 37.5 weeks to try it. However you are still earlyt enough to try it. Also like others say get on all fours with bum in air several times a day. :roll: Look at a website called spinning babies (I think .com) gives some crazy ways to turn a baby.
Don't panic, you have lots in your favour for him to turn. Loads of luck.
xx

Thanks so much helsbels, ye at last appointment 3 weeks ago he was head down, you say your friends turned when she was at work, so can you actually feel it if he turns then?

I will look at that website,

Thanks
karen

HidiLu's baby Jack turned while in labour TO breech! lol So I guess they can change right up to the very end! Good luck hun! :hug:

karen1969 said:
Thanks so much helsbels, ye at last appointment 3 weeks ago he was head down, you say your friends turned when she was at work, so can you actually feel it if he turns then?

I will look at that website,

Thanks
karen

No problem :)
Yeah my friend said she was sat there and felt her belly go bonkers like an earthquake! She knew then that LO had turned. I don't know if you would always feel it though :think:
Get that bum in the air girl :lol:
Good luck!

My son turned at 36 weeks, and my mum told me my brother turned at 40 weeks! So there is hope, have a google of some exercises you can do to help :hug:

Thanks everyone, tried the excercises, will keep at it.

I got my kneess on settee and hands on floor so bum is in air then I got stuck and couldnt get off :oops: so i had to drop down, told my oh and he said well you never was very fit!! Men, I could have strangled him, there was me thinking he would offer to help :wall:

Im also going to try a bag of frozen stuff on my belly.

karen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back