My little lady ~ born 11th January 2007

lozzi

Reaction score
FINALLY... got round to this:

The saturday before the 11th i had a "wet" feeling down there, had been having this for a few days and midwife said i needed to get it checked out so i meandered down hospital and they said it wasnt my waters after checking so thought nothing more of it.

On Wednesday (10th) i woke up needing a wee went to teh bathroom stodd outside as daddy was on the loo and i felt a gush and i had "bloody" water running down my legs, so daddy took me to the midwife clinic and she did an internal and a sweep and said to wait for things to progress....

so off i went home... had regluar contractions all day and then at night i took my first painkillers as i cudnt take anymore, then at about 11.30 contractions just STOPPED :l so i thought great thats it labours stopped :wall: got ready for bed and it kicked off again, but with avengance.

was in absolute agony, called midwife out again and she said i was still 2/3cms so i was absolutly mortified.... i knew then i was in for the longhaul! midwife went home and she said call me back when u absoltuly cant cope with the pain any longer....

so i spent most of the night bouncing on a birhting ball and tryin to cope wtih the pain...

at 8am we phoned the midwife back as i was in agony... she said i was still only 3cms and she had me in the bath pouring water over my bump thru contractions which really helped....

then at 10am i got my pethadine... its HEAVEN :D lol midwife then said if by 12 i wasnt at least 9cms then id have to be transferred in as my waters had been gone for over 24 hours by then and it wasnt safe...

12 came and i was still only 4cm :( so off to the hospital i went in the car nearly swallowing the gas and air nozzle...

got to the hospital and they said that they were putting me on a drip to speed up contractions, at which ponit i said EPIDURAL!"!! no way was i gonig thru induction of labour without the epidural as ive heard its agony! lol
so got my epidural and it was amazin!!! didnt even feel tightennigs, felt absolutly nothing! :D

during the afternoon they were upping my drip gradually then the consultant came in late afternoon and siad he wanted my drip FULL BLAST :l so i was like eeeeeeeek but still i didnt feel anything....

but this is when things started going wrong.

My pulse started going up and my temperature. My pulse was the same as the baby and they cudnt distinguish my pulse from ellouise's so they put a fetal electrode on ellouise's head.

at about 6 teh doctor came in and said if by 7.30 i wasnt more dilated then they were gonna do a section, i was mortified...

bout 8.15 teh doctors FINALLY came in to examine me and said that i was 6cms so i thought great im gonna be able to delivery vaginally as im now progresing, but then the doc came in with heart monitors for me did a ctg (?) or whateva it is were they put sticky electrodes all over my body, then teh constultant came in did an internal said that ellouise's head was swollen, i wasnt progressing my Pulse was 130 (shud have been 60-70) ellouises heart was fluctuating and my temp was 39.6 and that it was an infection caused by my waters being gone so long, as they now suspected that it WAS my waters on teh SATURDAY and it was dangerous for me to continue and that i needed an emergency ceaserean so off we went to theatre....

what a weird feeling a section is!!!!!

at 21.10 they pulled my gorgeous princess out and lifted her over the lil green curtain, she looked ABSOLUTLY enormous all ripply... they took her to clean her up etc and she wasnt crying so im going "why isnt she crying" then almost as tho she heard me she let out a lil beautiful cry and i burst out crying... then they brought her over and passed her to my daddy... I have never seen my dad smile so much. The look on his face i will never ever forget. His smile cudnt have been bigger...

they weighed my princess and she was only 8lb 15oz to look at her at that first glance i thought she was about 12lb hahahahha

here are some piccys of her in hospital:

31851409qx8.jpg

12850007lv2.jpg

some piccys of ellouise with mummy and daddy...

menellouisebx2.jpg

lukenellouiseip0.jpg

Congratulations!!

She is beautiful :)

How much did she weigh?

congrats lozzi! what a gorgeous little thing! she looks so healthy!
and well done you. you certainly gave it your all.
L xx

Ah congratulations, yeah totally agree Epidurals are fab.

Well done to you and welcome little one

congrats lozzi, welcome to the new mummy club lol! :cheer:

What a birth story, you def went through it hun!
:cheer: Congratulations, she's beautiful!

Wow you really went through the mill! Looks like it was worth it though. :D

Congratulations!

Well done Lozzi, you got there eventually!

Epidurals are pretty awesome aint they? :wink:

Ellouise is beautiful you must be so proud :hug:

awww Lozzi i have just read your birth story and i am sat here at work with tears in my eyes - congratulations darlin' - she is one beautiful baby :hug: :hug: :hug: :cheer: :cheer:

wow lozzi you had a long labour well done though and your princess is a beauty i really hope you are enjoying her and you are feeling ok in yourself. :cheer:

well done, gosh she does look big too, bigger than an 8lb baby. Shes lovely congratulations.

Jade89 said:
well done, gosh she does look big too, bigger than an 8lb baby. Shes lovely congratulations.

she looks right porky in photos!

in the flesh shes only dinky!

my family were aall whispering about hw "big" she looked in the photos were i refered to my "tiny" princess... hahaha

then they saw her and understood

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back