my other half

emmaandamyleigh

Reaction score
hi my other half is struggling to undertand when to take his parternity leave i know hes a bit early in deciding but it really does feel that long away. but we might go early or over. im due 4th of may but if we go early does he start his leave straight away or wait till the 4th if were late does he take it from the 4th and wait till baby arrives the done him over last time as amy was ill in hospital he was off the week i had her but then had to go back to work for a few weeks. then was off a weeks so i guess he didnt get time to bond with her properly. theyll need to know soon aswell and the company isnt the ones that will let him go on it when baby decides to show ie if baby does come on time he has to book from the 4th off im sure that if baby comes that he can take it straight away and decide then but ovb hes a chef other people might b taking there holidays the same time. he was woundering how it works i mean he could wait till i have signs that im in labour then ask or he can wait till ive had baby and still ask but these like im to let them no in advance im no good with how to work it out

I'm not sure how a company can expect you decide months in advance when to take it - with both of mine my husband started his the first day he had to be here at the hospital with me. His work knew when I was due so knew it would be sometime around then but with Toby he was 2 weeks late so if he'd taken it from my due date he would have been back at work when he was born. Is there anything in his contract about it?

Craigs boss wanted to kno too when he wanted to take leave by the time i was 25weeks, he has just said we will contact u when i go into hospital, i didnt want him to take more than 2wks cos i want him off at xmas with us, so he is just gona tell his boss when we go to hospital it will b from that day onwards for 2weeks, n hope thats ok, its daft they want to know in advance!

x

yeah i know i dunno if he has a contract lol i know the deputy manger is a right pain but it doesnt go thru him or the actual manager he has to let the kitchen manger know when but i rekon its best to wait tilll i go into labour then tell him i dont want him to go by my due date coz if i go over again its less time to pend with baby and bonding with it too he could keep his holidays aswell and take paternity and holiday but i dont think he would do that or unpaid leave but he cant really afford to take unpaid leave it was a pain lat time to coz i went into labour the day he was working aswell o he had to leave work to come to hospital with methen he was off that week then it was 7 weeks after that as she came out on a thrusday then he was back to work the friday. whitbread the company he works for in a brewers faye restraunt it so complicated it easy for us women lol coz maternity can start about 4 weeks or more b baby is due

He has to have a contract - I'm pretty sure that legally employers have to have given you one..think they have a couple of months after you start, but with a big company like that I'm sure he must have. I'd ask him to talk to them again as he can't be the first employee who's had to take paternity leave so they must have some sort of rules about it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back