My poor little cat :0(

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
I was cooking dinner and I watched my cat go out and a couple of minutes later there was a knock at the door.
My OH answered it and he came in and asked me if fifi was in and I said no she's just this minute gone out
so I went to the door and this woman told me a small black and white cat has just been run over up the road.
She told me that a lady up the road put the cat in a basket and was trying to find the cats owner so I ran up there
and they had the cat in laundry basket covered in a towel so I told her I have a black and white fluffy cat and she nodded and I could see tears well up in her eyes!
I said I want to see her and she told me I shouldn't look but I had to and it was horrible!
Her eyes had popped out of her head and her leg had nearly been ripped off.
We buried her in the garden with her cat bowl and a pouch of cat food.

She was only 8 months old and she was Summers cat they were little buddies!
I know some people would say oh it's just a cat but I'm absolutly heart broken!!!!!!
I can't belive i'm never going to see her again and I will never get that image out of my head.

I'm holding fifi in my avatar picture

Aww hun thats horrible - :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Big hugs for you!

It happened to my aunts cat the day after she had a littter of kittens and we had to hand rear them.

Will you get another one for Summer?

Kim x x x x

I've got a 6 year old cat but she lives at my mums and she suggested she come and live with us.
Summer will start wondering where fifi is and why she isn't around anymore and I can't exactly explain to a
17 month old whats happened to her cat but she might not even notice if my other cat is around.

I did ask my OH and he said he would rather wait for a bit because it's to soon after fifi.
I don't think he can bring himself to look at another cat at the moment he's still so upset.

oh no, thats so sad. Im really sorry :( :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

We had a lovely black and white cat called Charlie a few years ago, and he got run over. The vet had his body luckily, so at least we found out what happened to him, but the told us not to pick him up because he was in such a bad way, we wouldnt have wanted to see him like that.

He was a very young cat too :cry:

I hope Summer is ok. :hug: sorry again xxxx

awww thats awful, im so sorry! i had a little cat and when i was 7 wks pregnant with Glenn she got run over and i was devastated! we have only just got over it and got another cat called Tia (the same as the other one) i thnk of them as part of the family so i really feel for you... :hug:

aww hun i kinda know how you feel, we have to have our cat put down in a couple of weeks its sooooo upsetting! sending you huge :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

That bought tears to my eyes! I'm so sorry - it's not just a cat at all. Animals become part of the family, whatever animal it is. :hug:

Oh no, i'm sorry! I love cats. I go crazy if one hasn't come home for breakfast or tea.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

I am so sorry hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I've got 2 cats and would be heartbroken if anything happened to them. Serendipity is right, animals aren't just pets they become part of the family.

Im so sorry hunni - and my little uns would be upset if there cat werent about.

Id be devastated if my cats had been hurt or killed as well - there not 'just' cats are they - there family members :)

I'm so sorry sweetie! That happened to our cat in early November, only a month and a half after my m/c! (second half of '08 was kind of rough on us :shock: ) I got that phone call at work first thing in the morning from the vet but we decided not to go see him b/c we didn't want to remember him like that - I'm so sorry you had to go through that!! :hug: :hug:

Omg :cry: :cry: :hug: :hug: Im so sorry, how heartbreaking, its true pets do become part of you family, and when they get taken to soon its awful,

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

poor thing, we'd be sooo upset if anything happened to our cats x x x

Poor you, big hugs and I'm sorry to hear about Fifi :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER