My ridiculous craving!

MummyJess

Reaction score
During my 2nd pregnancy I craved ice obsessively, but had no cravings in my 1st or 3rd. I never really believed in them till it happened to me and I swear it is worse than a nicotine craving - I have even had to get up at 5 in the morning for a fix!

This time around, I began to get the ice cravings again a few weeks ago but resisted for a while. However, I gave in over Christmas when it just got too much to bear and I am now deep into the craving again!

Ice lollies aren't the same - it has to be plain ice, preferably made with mineral water and either broken into small pieces or crushed. I have been known to scrape the frost off the inside of the freezer - mmmmm! :lol: I currently get through one of those big bags of ice you can buy from supermarkets every 2-3 days. I eat it in the bath, in front of the TV, first thing in the morning and in the middle of the night!

I have been sitting here this morning with the heating on high, wrapped in a duvet and munching on a pint glass of ice, cos it brings my core temperature down! So it's freezing outside but I can't help it!

In fact, I keep looking at the crisp white snow on my decking outside and thinking how nice it would be to go out with a spoon and just sit munching it! Cue mental image of me sitting in the snow, heavily pregnant with a spoon full of snow! :lol:

Pregnancy is a funny thing!

cravin ice can be a sign of an iron deficiancy hun... keep an eye on it x

I can just see ya eating the snow :lol: dont forget not to stay away from the yellow snow tho :talkhand: :rotfl:

JayK2387 said:
cravin ice can be a sign of an iron deficiancy hun... keep an eye on it x
I did wonder about that but my recent bloods came back with a level of 11.8, which is fine. Just a random craving I think!

MrsBrightside said:
I can just see ya eating the snow :lol: dont forget not to stay away from the yellow snow tho :talkhand: :rotfl:
Such an obvious joke, can't believe I didn't think of it!

Off to the midwife now - lets see if I can resist crunching the ice and snow on my windscreen when I scrape it! It's really tempting!

:rotfl: :rotfl: well hun as long as its doing the job keep eating it :hug:

I had exactly the same craving, and would go through at least 5+ trays of ice a day, I was for ever in fast food shops asking for drinks with extra ice, and would sit in the car before driving home munching away! My hubby even bought me some ice moulds which made glasses (yes the sort you put drinks in), so I used to sit in the bath having a drink and could then eat the glass afterwards - anything to satisfy my craving.

I also used to get up in the early hours for a fix!!

Im very glad the craving stopped the min I had our son, as the craving was quite distressing at times!

I have the exact same craving lol my fave is Subway as it is crushed you serve yourself and you get free refills.Hubby keeps going "You know you are paying for the drink not the ice?" and "did you want some lemonade with the ice today?" sarcastic git! :rotfl:

Mik said:
I have the exact same craving lol my fave is Subway as it is crushed you serve yourself and you get free refills.Hubby keeps going "You know you are paying for the drink not the ice?" and "did you want some lemonade with the ice today?" sarcastic git! :rotfl:
Ooh, I didn't know they did crushed ice :cheer: . Don't normally like subway but now may just have to pay a few visits! How stupidly exciting :cheer: ! I've been trying all different brands of ice and def have some I prefer to others :) ! Never thought I'd have a preference as to what brand of ice I have.

I did start off by just having a little more ice in my drink than usual but now I just bypass the drink and just have the ice, maybe with a little water trickled over it to melt it slightly, but certainly nothing that would flavour it :roll: !

At least it's not got any calories!

Subway is definately my favourite lol we don't have many places around here though as it is all countrified but I took my kids to Pizza Hut for my eldests birthday meal and even though I asked for extra ice TWICE they bought me a drink with no ice both times I was so not impressed! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Im well into to ice lollies atm, have been for a few weeks now, just keep munching them every day. Fruit pastilles and twisters my fave

And loving Tango Cherry Ice blasts too - they are amazing if your an ice lover,lol!
I get them from my local cinema as thats the only place that sells them!
They must think Im crazy, keep wandering in for ice blasts and never seeing a film :rotfl:

It seems to get worse with the snow as well, cant look out the window without being desperate for ice lolly!
Dont have a craving for plain ice though , just lollies or ice cream

maybe its a sign of dehydration too.... I am trying to drink lots of water but find it so much harder now Im not at work

i have this craving and its horrendous at times i go through one of the 4kg bags from the supermarket in a day we literally only have food in the fridge and the freezer is full of ice bags lol i too eat it by the glass lol even have my own "ice glass" which i actually get upset if anyone else uses it.

I am exactly the same! last pregnancy i ate ice cubes constant! i'd sit there with bowls of ice cubes mmm!!

Sugarhigh said:
i have this craving and its horrendous at times i go through one of the 4kg bags from the supermarket in a day we literally only have food in the fridge and the freezer is full of ice bags lol i too eat it by the glass lol even have my own "ice glass" which i actually get upset if anyone else uses it.
This is me too! It has to be in MY glass and has to be just the right texture! Homemade ice cubes just don't cut it.

We recently went away for the day and I brought a sandwich tub in the car with ice in it for the journey then I bought a bag from a shop when we were there so I had supplies for the journey back. It's obsessive. I even bring a jiffy bag of it on the school run with me!

My OH thinks I'm nuts! He gets fed up of me crunching away when we watching TV in bed! It just feels so good though!

So glad it's not just me!

I had an ice craving....I used to munch my way through a 2kg bag A DAY :lol: My teeth didnt thank me for it though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back