naming a girl after yourself

msxmd

Reaction score
Hi everyone was wondering if you could share your thoughts on me wanting to name our baby (if its a girl) after myself, my names mandy, my fiance isnt keen on it but it means alot to me if we did, as ive been researching my family tree and saw that they were no other mandys so thought it would be nice to start a mandy name line lol plus ive been finding it really hard to find a girls name that jumps out at me that i love, what do you guys think?

I think it would get a bit confusing, but if you're really keen on it I don't see why not. It's a lovely name :)

You could always call her Amanda, with mandy as a nickname?

I wouldnt because I hate my name but I think it's lovely to be named after a parent. It's not unusual for sons to be names after their dads so why not. You could call her your name but have a pet name for her. :)

Im not keen on naming children after parents. My family is quite large and has ended up with 6 Johns, 5 Gary's, 3 Roberts possibly 4 (baby on way) because they all stuck to the tradition LOL

If you are keen on it though would probably go with Amanda then there is the option of Mandy x

My name is Amanda but ive always been called Mandy, i would just name my girl Mandy on her birth cert, i just wish my fiance would come round to the idea lol its been really hard trying to pick a girls name

I personally wouldn't do it, but I honestly think its because I'm not too fond of my name.. I think its personal choice and lots of boys get named after their daddys.. So why not girls too x

It's not something I'd do but go for it if you want :)

we have a family full of 'julie's' - my great grandmothers name and it can get confusing, they are known by there maiden names still (even though they are all married and in there 50's/60's) but i think if you like it then go for it :)
my OH wants our son (if we have one) to have his middle names, and luckily i adore that name, so i don't see any difference :D

My brother has the same name as my dad, my eldest son has the same middle name as his dad, my youngest has my surname for his middle name and if this baby is a girl, her middle name will be the same as my first name. God that was confusing lol

I don't think there is anything wrong with naming your chldren after their parents xx

My boy is going to have both his grandfather's names but as middle names :)

I would go with Mandy as a middle name. Catlian Mandy sounds nice but it all depends on what your surname is to weithe rit continues to have a nice ring to to it.

I personally wouldn't, but if you want to then you should. I would maybe give it as a middle name rather than first name xx

Hi,
My daughter has a shortened version of my and her Grandmas name "Jo", But as a middle name. I do think it is your choice but personally I wouldn't want to. At least if it is a middle name it would atsy within the family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back